Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » To HSO:

Author Topic: To HSO:
cklabyrinth
Member # 2454

- posted      Profile for cklabyrinth           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing as you suggested with my abyss story -- I'm writing the ending first. Would you be willing to read the story once I get it finished? I don't have much experience writing SF, so I'm going to try and characterize to take notice away from what might not make sense in the story.

Thanks,
ck

Posts: 179 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
cklabyrinth, you can contact HSO via email by clicking on the little envelope icon above any of HSO's posts.

There are three icons next to the posting date on every post in this forum. The first one (with the ear and ?) takes you to the profile of the poster, the second one (with the envelope) takes you to a link to the poster's email address, and the third one (pencil and paper) allows you to edit your own post. (It allows me to delete your post if, somehow, a glitch caused it to post twice. I don't know if there is a delete box for regular posters when they click on the edit icon for their own posts or not.)

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we do have a delete box, Kathleen. I've never noticed it until now. I think I'll try it out.

CK, when you're story is finished, send me an email to tell me. This way, I can fairly determine if I have time to give you a decent crit or not. Still, don't be shy about posting your finished story on F&F -- and, it must be noted, there are far better critiquers than I on Hatrack. Nevertheless, I'd generally happy to read and crit stories with reckless abandon.

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post 
testing the delete box...

No, Kathleen, it won't let us delete posts.

(And I just remembered that I already knew that topics couldn't be deleted; apparently neither can posts.)

[This message has been edited by HSO (edited March 30, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by HSO (edited March 30, 2005).]

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
cklabyrinth
Member # 2454

- posted      Profile for cklabyrinth           Edit/Delete Post 
What is F&F? I asked in another thread what that stood for, as well as I think WOSF. And point taken with the email box. I'll do that next time.
Posts: 179 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
F&F: Refers to the Fragments and Feedback section of the Writers Workshop.

WOSF: Not sure (don't see it very often), but I think it is something like Writers Of Speculative (or Science?) Fiction.

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
autumnmuse
Member # 2136

- posted      Profile for autumnmuse   Email autumnmuse         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you meant WOTF, which stands for Writers of the Future. You can read about this prestigious contest at www.writersofthefuture.com
Posts: 818 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I guess if the delete box doesn't work for the poster, then it's only for me.

<SIGH!>

Ah, well. I try to catch double posts when they happen and clean them out. When that doesn't happen, I want you all to know that I admire your resourcefulness in making use of the second post by editing it into an additional message.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.