Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Your Assignment: # Lah-Dee-Dah

Author Topic: Your Assignment: # Lah-Dee-Dah
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone entered one of these? They're a monthly contest in Writer's Digest, where you have to write a...homework assignment, I suppose you could call it, in 75 words or less.

I entered March's and April's (or May's. Can't remember which. I think May for sure), and beyond a confirmation to my e-mail account--too cheap and too paranoid for postcards, I sent them electronically--I recieved nothing else. Do you? Or do you just wait to see if you've won when the articles come out?

Not that important really, but the question's been eating at me for days.

CVG

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea, but thanks for pointing it out...the little exercise gave me just the break I needed.
Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
cvgurau
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for cvgurau   Email cvgurau         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, great. Now I went and created competition.
Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done the "Your Assignment" as well as the photo ones they ran (until they decided to use them only for people who joined their book club, which I haven't done). I did them by e-mail, and you don't get a reply unless you are a winner. I like doing them, and reading the results.
Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.