Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Calling all Utahns who enter (or have won) Writers of the Future (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Calling all Utahns who enter (or have won) Writers of the Future
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I crash this party? I may just be able to pass on through on Saturday.

Do I need to register? Is their a fee? Can I park my 80 foot vehicle there?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
The BYU SF symposium is free, so that won't be a problem for you, snapper. The parking might, though.

If you get there early enough, maybe someone who is driving in can pick you up where it's okay to leave your vehicle (one of those Flying J's or something?) and bring you in to BYU with them.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided to make a request of any Hatrackers who attend the BYU Science Fiction symposium.

Please, if your username (the way we know you here) is different from the name that will be on your badge, could you write it on the badge somewhere, or let me give you a separate name badge that you can write your username on? So we can connect the username with the face (and the real name)?

I'd really appreciate it if you all would do that, and I suspect that others would appreciate it as well.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sholar
Member # 3280

- posted      Profile for sholar   Email sholar         Edit/Delete Post 
Kathleen- only tangentially related, but is there a way to change our username without registering again?
Posts: 303 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

No, sholar, sorry. That's the only way. But you can tell people that you are you (and I can verify it, in case anyone thinks they can mess around and claim to be someone they're not).

And if you change your email address, you are automatically registered again.

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun everyone!
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could have made it. Unfortunately the long distance would have me arriving right when the doors were closing. So instead I drove across Montana. Hope you all had fun.

Maybe next time.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

snapper, the BYU Science Fiction Symposium is next weekend (11-13 February), not this weekend. It's a good thing you didn't come if you thought it was this Saturday. I'm really sorry for the confusion.

Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
With dewy eyes, I must announce that I won't be at LUTE. My recovery from surgery has developed a few complications.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you won't be coming Owasm. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Oh, dear, Owasm. That doesn't sound good. Please take care and get well so you can meet everyone at CONduit (Memorial Day weekend in Salt Lake).
EricJamesStone
Member # 1681

- posted      Profile for EricJamesStone   Email EricJamesStone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Kathleen's noon panel on Friday, so I may be able to make the Hatrack lunch.
Posts: 1517 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a link to the LTUE schedule of events? I'm on the LTUE site and I get a blank Page Not Found for the schedule.
Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
http://ltue.org/2010_Schedule.html
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Pyre Dynasty. For some reason that page was coming up as Page Not Found for a while. It's working now. Strange.
Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.