FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just a quick post to say hi!

Author Topic: Just a quick post to say hi!
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Hatrack, it's been a while. I hope you are all well.

It's been about two years since I last posted with any regularity; for various reasons I haven't had the same amount of free time to participate.

News? The The Toddling Tornado has grown up fast and is now an independent young man of five (ahem), but he still gives his Dad a hug now and then [Smile] . Our household has increased in number due to the addition of another little boy who will be six months old next week (how time flies).

I also have a new job. I left the weary world of IT behind me, with all the foriegn travel and am now working for an engineering company about five minutes from my house. It's not perfect, but there's no trips abroad and my commute has decreased significantly, giving me much more time at home.

I have also got a new lap-top so I have a bit more online capacity, so I hope to be back and posting a little more regularly than before.

Again, I hope you are fine and dandy and see you around soon!

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
To catch you up on the only long-term interesting bit, Papa is back to being Moose again though we havent seen much of him since he stepped down from his role as moderator. In his place JanitorBlade, and no... BlackBlades new moniker has not lead to him increase his violent behavior. I dont remember ever interacting with you, but welcome back all the same and congratulations on your happy family.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you back anti_maven. [Smile]

I hope you will find more time to post. We should make some sort of hatrack t-shirt for posters who return.

Something like the tree picture from the top left of the page, and the phrase, "Not doing anything since 1999*, that's the beauty of it."

*I'm not sure the exact year it transitioned from lion to hatrack.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, Mr. maven! Glad to hear you and your family are well. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
OT but did I miss the BB 10k post celebration? [Frown]
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, anti-maven! Glad to hear that life's going well for you!
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
I would wear that shirt BB.

Welcome back anti-maven!

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Threads:
OT but did I miss the BB 10k post celebration? [Frown]

It sorta caught me by surprise, and I didn't make a fuss about it. [Smile]

I considered a landmark but I just couldn't think of anything that would be worth reading.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
That's never stopped you before... :ZING!:
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Time to switch accounts... [Razz]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.