FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Obama kills puppies.

Author Topic: Obama kills puppies.
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Really! I've seen it happen. The true Obama doctrine involves a puppy free world.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Barker tried it his way for years with no success, so long as the corgies are allowed to stay Im in.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
Bob Barker tried it his way for years with no success, so long as the corgies are allowed to stay Im in.

Reminds me of this.

^^ Warning some edited language and censored genitalia.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Barker cares about the unfortunate animals. His answer was to promote sterilization. Works good with dogs and cats, don't dare suggest it for highly reproductive welfare mothers.

"What's your position on the Obama doctrine"?

[ April 09, 2010, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: malanthrop ]

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly you're so in love with your freedom Mal.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
Bob Barker cares about the unfortunate animals. His answer was to promote sterilization. Works good with dogs and cats, don't dare suggest it for highly reproductive welfare mothers.

"What's your position on the Obama doctrine"?

My suggestion is to start with ignorant people who are full of themselves.

Thanks for heading up the line, mal.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone who heard on Fox News that Obama punches white babies, and once farted on a Jewish baby.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, he did more than fart.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
At least he doesn't EAT babies. He's not Mormon.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
He does not eat them, but as I understand it he frequently grills them up for us.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
He does not eat them, but as I understand it he frequently grills them up for us.

It just evokes the right image because Jefferson used to do the same thing.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

Obama is also a racist. His white half wants to lynch the the black side and his black side wants reparations from the other. He's in balance. As long as he hates himself equally.
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be funny if I hadn't heard you say things just as ridiculous and over-the-top and expect to be taken seriously.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

I didn't intend that statement to be taken seriously. The racist supremacists want a world of pure races. I think race is nonsense. If whites are this and blacks are that, then what is a half white half black? The world will be so much better off when the "melting pot" takes effect and the women will be amazing looking. Brazilian women are an amazing hispanic, white and african blend.
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it bad that recently I have been visiting this forum half of the time just to read mal's insane posts?
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Every now and then though he really hits on something. Brazilian women really are smokin'. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Little in the middle, but they got much back.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
The world will be so much better off when the "melting pot" takes effect and the women will be amazing looking. Brazilian women are an amazing hispanic, white and african blend.

Yeah, as you've been told about 15 times on this board, it doesn't work anything like how you think it works. There will never be "one race" for the same reason that "racial purity" does not exist. There are no distinct races of human beings, only a continuum of ethnic features. Blending in the short term will not produce a single homogeneous ethnic type because people will continue to live apart from each other in different climates, with different lifestyles. Besides which, our conceptions of race are based on cultural attitudes and not on any actual demonstrable truth about racial characteristics- thus we distinguish in America between Asian Ethnicities, and recognize the differences, but not between many white Europeans. It is not because differences in these populations do not exist- it is that we are trained by our culture to recognize certain features related to cultural difference. Living in a given culture can also noticeably alter the physical appearance of individuals over a very short time- as little as a generation, affecting one's ability to identify that person's ethnic heritage by appearance. For instance, white Europeans as well as Asians who live in America, speaking the same language and subsisting on similar diets, in the same basic climate, with a similar cultural background, begin to look identifiably "American" within a single generation, even when continuing to intermarry within their ethnic groups. Chinese people can spot an American born Chinese person in a photograph, on the street, etc, as can a European spot an American, even if that person is a full blooded member of the same ethnic group. The differences people notice are not distinguishable from the differences between races in their value for identifying people, they are simply not taken as "racial characteristics" because they are less reliable for identifying cultural affiliation as, say, skin color. If our skin color *did* change more significantly due to our places of birth (though in fact it does to an extent) then we would simply find something else to identify as racial rather than environmental.

Lastly, the diversions in phenotype among all modern human populations can be accounted for by relatively short periods of change, about 100 generations. Though "races" took longer to develop than this, they are neither static nor do they denote significant differences between populations, except in perceived appearance. And since populations have been mixing and exchanging genetic material throughout human history and pre-history, the "melting pot effect" has already happened. We are the result. This is it. Human beings are about as genetically diverse as a small tribe of closely related apes. In fact, we are *less* diverse than that.

Mal, I understand that you think racism means hating black people, and that as long as you claim *not* to hate black people, you'll be fine. What you don't understand is that your perpetuation of a set of deeply flawed assumptions is, well racist. In the sense that you seem to need very much to believe in the power of race.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
I largely agree with your main point and think the whole "mixed people look better" thing is dubious, a mixture of confirmation bias and attraction for the exotic.

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
... Chinese people can spot an American born Chinese person in a photograph, on the street, etc, as can a European spot an American, even if that person is a full blooded member of the same ethnic group.

Tangent: However, this is largely not my experience. I've had a lot of success passing as either Northern Chinese or Hong Kong Chinese if I just keep quiet (despite being born in Canada), for better success in bargaining. This has lead to some very odd situations when I must speak at length and the system breaks down.

For example, while waiting for a plane in Xian with some fellow students, there was some guy who tried to strike up a conversation and was very insistent on giving me a card. He seemed terribly confused when I couldn't communicate and it was only after I got home and showed my girlfriend the card that we figured out what happened.
It was a card given to local tourist guides, encouraging them to show tourists to specific hotels in return for a cut. The guy figured I was a local guide for, presumably, the white people in the group.

This was not an isolated experience and has even led to a couple inter-personal snafus. I think we might be *better* at identifying CBCs vs. FOBs or between different Asian groups, but by no means is this reliable.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Well sure, apply your own standard of reliability. Individual factors mean your mileage may vary. Point is the phenomenon in a general sense does exist.
Mucus
Member # 9735

It's not my standard. It's the standard used by other people for their best guess and as I said, by no means is it isolated to me.

In order to estimate a number, AllLookSame indicates that a self-selected affluent section of the Chinese population can only do 10% better than random when attempting to decide between Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.

I'd be surprised if Chinese people could do any better when attempting to distinguish between American born and not, in fact I think it is highly likely that it would be much much lower, in the 5% range or lower.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I largely agree with your main point and think the whole "mixed people look better" thing is dubious, a mixture of confirmation bias and attraction for the exotic.
The theory I've heard goes like this:
1. Average faces are more likely to be found attractive. (At least in North America)
2. People of mixed race are slightly more likely to have have parents with a broader range of features, yielding a higher chance for their children to have features closer to average.

There are some good reasons to doubt this, of course. My personal bias not least among them.

On a related note, make an average face.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
It's not my standard. It's the standard used by other people for their best guess and as I said, by no means is it isolated to me.

I wasn't arguing with you. I won't argue with you. Your mind is made up about what exactly it is you think I was trying to say, unfortunately. You missed my point, and now we're stuck in this same old place, so forgive me, I won't play.
Mucus
Member # 9735

I'm sure I don't understand what you're referring to. In any case, I agree that it is probably better to agree to disagree if you find the subject sensitive since it is as I said, only a tangent.
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Little in the middle, but they got much back.

They...got...big...butts and I cannot lie
You other 'rackers can't deny...

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
The world will be so much better off when the "melting pot" takes effect and the women will be amazing looking. Brazilian women are an amazing hispanic, white and african blend.

Yeah, as you've been told about 15 times on this board, it doesn't work anything like how you think it works. There will never be "one race" for the same reason that "racial purity" does not exist. There are no distinct races of human beings, only a continuum of ethnic features. Blending in the short term will not produce a single homogeneous ethnic type because people will continue to live apart from each other in different climates, with different lifestyles. Besides which, our conceptions of race are based on cultural attitudes and not on any actual demonstrable truth about racial characteristics- thus we distinguish in America between Asian Ethnicities, and recognize the differences, but not between many white Europeans. It is not because differences in these populations do not exist- it is that we are trained by our culture to recognize certain features related to cultural difference. Living in a given culture can also noticeably alter the physical appearance of individuals over a very short time- as little as a generation, affecting one's ability to identify that person's ethnic heritage by appearance. For instance, white Europeans as well as Asians who live in America, speaking the same language and subsisting on similar diets, in the same basic climate, with a similar cultural background, begin to look identifiably "American" within a single generation, even when continuing to intermarry within their ethnic groups. Chinese people can spot an American born Chinese person in a photograph, on the street, etc, as can a European spot an American, even if that person is a full blooded member of the same ethnic group. The differences people notice are not distinguishable from the differences between races in their value for identifying people, they are simply not taken as "racial characteristics" because they are less reliable for identifying cultural affiliation as, say, skin color. If our skin color *did* change more significantly due to our places of birth (though in fact it does to an extent) then we would simply find something else to identify as racial rather than environmental.

Lastly, the diversions in phenotype among all modern human populations can be accounted for by relatively short periods of change, about 100 generations. Though "races" took longer to develop than this, they are neither static nor do they denote significant differences between populations, except in perceived appearance. And since populations have been mixing and exchanging genetic material throughout human history and pre-history, the "melting pot effect" has already happened. We are the result. This is it. Human beings are about as genetically diverse as a small tribe of closely related apes. In fact, we are *less* diverse than that.

Mal, I understand that you think racism means hating black people, and that as long as you claim *not* to hate black people, you'll be fine. What you don't understand is that your perpetuation of a set of deeply flawed assumptions is, well racist. In the sense that you seem to need very much to believe in the power of race.

I completely agree with most of your statement. I think we are of the same mindset in regards to race. Climate does indeed influence melanin content.

During my travels to Australia, I felt as though I was in 1950's Louisiana. Aborininals were driven out of bars and still are, to this day. The reason I associate racial tension to blacks is that in my society, that is where it lies. If I were Australian, I would say "indigenous". I'm not Australian, I'm American. I refer to the racial strife of my homeland that I consider nonsense. Skin color means nothing but Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are millionaires.

Orincoro
Member # 8854

Why do you consistently state views that are entirely in contradiction to what I said if you completely agree with me? I think you are having trouble understanding either what I am saying, or why that is different from what you have said.

I see, for instance, you somehow think that I am saying that ethnicity and cultural heritage should have no significance. You think I agree with you for the reasons why you hate black people, especially politically influential black people. I do not agree with you. In as much as I don't believe in race, I do believe in culture. You apparently don't.

Your wish for the melting pot is the hope, really, that cultures different from yours will be destroyed or subsumed in yours. That you somehow think cultural and ethnic difference will be destroyed in some future paradise of sameness, is pretty damned racist. That you hope for it? Sick.

malanthrop
Member # 11992

I don't hate black people. I've heard it said that George Bush hates black people. You are wrong that I look forward to a day when "cultures different from mine will be destroyed or subsumed in mine". White people don't have the numbers and reproductive rate to make that happen. The United States is on it's way to becoming a Hispanic Nation. Some European nations are actually having negative reproductive rates other than your imported low class pseudo serfs. Your nations are becoming Muslim.

If I were a racist supremacist, I wouldn't endorse interracial breeding. Obama is half black and half white I don't see how he can hate half of his own family. I don't believe he's a racist but he has used racial tensions to elevate his political career. His "former" lifelong pastor Write, and the likes of Jackson and Sharpton scream racism from the podium before getting chauffeured back to their white neighborhoods.

It's a good thing Michael Jackson's doctor was black. If Jackson had a white doc, I'd have to tolerate the race traders on the news all day. They'd be demanding justice. So much silence about the death of an icon.....that silence tells me a lot.

The cries of racism will only end when white people have been subsumed and Muslim Jihad will continue until all the Jews are gone.

[ April 13, 2010, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: malanthrop ]

Orincoro
Member # 8854

Yeah, that's what we call a victim complex there buddy.

It's on the racist checklist. Didn't you get a copy?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.