FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Disgraceful!

Author Topic: Disgraceful!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
FIFA needs to learn about the fantastic innovation of instant replay.

There's isn't even a debate on the issue, Henry admitted that he handed the ball, but that he is not the referee. If I was on the French team I'd refuse to play in the World Cup, I wouldn't want to get in that way.

edit: Off-sides is kinda iffy here, but extraneous anyway.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natural_mystic
Member # 11760

- posted      Profile for natural_mystic           Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully this will be the incident that ushers in instant replay. One might have thought that Maradona's 'Hand of God' in '86 would have been enough.
Posts: 644 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty obvious that he handed... why can't they undo it somehow? Hand the victory to Ireland or bar France from the series or...?
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
If you saw the under 17 world cup a couple days ago you would've seen Nigeria get robbed of an equalizing goal. The goalie saved the ball but it was way behind the end line and the refs apparently missed it. They need to join the 21st century, that was made obvious after Zidane almost got away with his infamous headbutt during the last cup's finals.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
(avid soccer fan surprised to find a topic on this on hatrack) not to even go into the fact that half of FIFA is run by french, they want to see the teams who bring in the most television and endorsement money into the world cup. As soon as they saw france and portugal weren't going to top their groups they added a rule that seeded the playoffs so it would be easier for them to qualify, even though in all previous world cups there has been a random draw for thw qualifying playoffs. The only way video technology will be added is if an event like this keeps france out of the world cup. I really feelfor the republic of ireland who have shown that they deserved to be in through their whole qualifying. And for anyone planning on trying to watch some soccer this sunner who normally won't, dont bother watching greece. they play antifootball with 11 men behind the ball and i was really rooting fir ukraine to pull through. so yeah i dont see this event making an impact at all on video replay.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. You should've heard the Irish guys on our soccer team. They wanted to watch the game in the theater, on a big screen. I setup the projector and they found a streaming video site. Since they couldn't stand the pro-France commentary, they even went and found a different audio feed.

They were...not happy with the result of the game. [Smile]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.