FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 3D-Stereogram Tetris

Author Topic: 3D-Stereogram Tetris
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Link

It's actually playable but it may hurt your eyes. I played for ~20 minutes and my eyes felt a little bit numb [Razz]

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure it's playable, but it's evil.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't see it. [Frown]
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
that was fun, but i couldn't see right for a half hour after!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have any difficulty playing it once, but then I couldn't find the "any" key to start a new game.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
*eyes asplode!*
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see it, but can't focus on it long enough or well enough to play a game in that sight mode. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a headache now. I was done in by my muscle memory from other tetris games, where both the up and down arrows rotate. Too many times I dropped a piece that I wanted to rotate.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I can only see it inverted so that the blocks go inward. Any suggestions for a chronic eye crosser? Why don't they just invert everything so that crossing your eyes makes it look the right way?
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some trick to seeing the image? It doesn't look like anything to me. I can't even see the blocks.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know what a stereogram is, Dogbreath?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Obviously whatever I'm looking at?

I've seen stuff somewhat like it before (do you see a vase or a face, is a cube inverted or "popped out") but never in this format. What's the trick?

Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/rds-ex.html
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Dogbreath, have you heard of Magic Eye images?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/rds-ex.html

Thanks! I tried the "how do I see them" and tried for about 10 minutes on the tetris thing, but I still can't see any image or blocks. [Frown] Oh well.

Strider: nope!

dabbler
Member # 6443

Well moving from directly at the screen then moving away i could get them to pop in the right direction. I seemed to have trouble maintaining the image outside of about 6 inches though.

Again, why don't they offer the inverted version of their photos for eye crossers like me? [Razz]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dabbler:
Well moving from directly at the screen then moving away i could get them to pop in the right direction. I seemed to have trouble maintaining the image outside of about 6 inches though.

Again, why don't they offer the inverted version of their photos for eye crossers like me? [Razz]

What do you mean, eye crossers?

Also, THAT IS AMAZING. I had to stop playing after awhile because I felt like my eyes were going to get stuck that way. I'm pretty good at it though, I can blink, move around, look at stuff out of the corner of my eye. It's fun.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

If your focal point is closer than the image, you're crossing your eyes. If you're doing it correctly, your focal point is farther than the image. So if I cross my eyes, the tetris pieces look like they're block shaped holes in the wall.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
These don't work for me anymore.

My retina detached a couple years ago and since then I pretty much see through my right eye.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

quote:
Originally posted by dabbler:
If your focal point is closer than the image, you're crossing your eyes. If you're doing it correctly, your focal point is farther than the image. So if I cross my eyes, the tetris pieces look like they're block shaped holes in the wall.

I think that's how they're supposed to look.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

Nope, try Tom's link for different ways to approach it until you get the image properly coming out of the window. A starfish looks like a starfish, not a mold for one.
Dobbie
Member # 3881

There are no starfish blocks in Tetris.
dabbler
Member # 6443

Toms link, I'm not that crazy.
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
The blocks look like they are coming out of the screen when I play the game.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I cross my eyes to see the image, and the image is not inverted from me.

Maybe you're just crazy.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

Starfish blocks would be so irritating.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I never could see those things anyway, besides isnt it bad to do something that immediatly hurts one of the most sensitive organs in your body?
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

It probably doesn't do any lasting damage...
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Katarain:
I cross my eyes to see the image, and the image is not inverted from me.

Maybe you're just crazy.

I don't think so, I see the image inverted as well.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Then, clearly, neither you nor Katarain are used to focusing on things. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.