FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Muscovite Dogs Ride the Subway!

Author Topic: Muscovite Dogs Ride the Subway!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Heard about it on the Colbert Report don't have a link yet but its pretty funny, Russian dogs in Moscow ride the subway to the center of the city and then ride it back in the evening to where they live!

They want to have their souls crushed by a morning commute just like us!

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/277599

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
You see this kind of thing in Prague as well. Slavic cultures seem incredibly permissive to dogs. You more often see dogs off-leash than on, even in the city center. I hadn't heard about dogs riding alone, but they do know how to ride trams, metros and buses with their owners here- and they do so off-leash. The kind of stuff you see people doing with dogs in Prague would be frowned at in many parts of America- letting them off leash in businesses, busy streets, taking them on public transport, to the bank, the schools. I haven't seen a dog in a movie theater over here, but they'd probably let you in with one if you asked nicely.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to move there then. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're a dog person, Prague is your city.

Of course, there is a very good reason why the Czechs always take their shoes off and wear slippers in the house, and have slippers available for all their guests as well.

Dog poop abounds.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am totally a dog person. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.