FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The 29th Annual Razzies "Winners"

Author Topic: The 29th Annual Razzies "Winners"
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Mike Myers had a good year.

What? The Happening didn't even place? Harrumph. [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh... I actually enjoyed Indiana Jones.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Low hanging fruit, the self-selected Razzie board needs to be replaced for laziness.

Like HaileBerry for Catwoman or Travolta for BattlefieldEarth, there should be some record of actually having talent (or an assemblage of talent) before a person (or picture) is awarded with the title of The Worst of the Year.

Choosing ParisHilton for worst actress/etc is like bashing an unripened kumquat for failure to be a cute fuzzy kitten. Similarly UweBolle for worst director/etc.
It ain't as if anyone ever went to a MikeMyers movie expecting anything even vaguely striving for excellence, or even competence.

[ February 22, 2009, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It ain't as if anyone ever went to a MikeMyers movie expecting anything even vaguely striving for excellence, or even competence.

From what I read Mike Myers actually spent a very long time crafting his character for the Love Guru and fully expected it to be very funny.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
it ain't as if anyone ever went to a MikeMyers movie expecting anything even vaguely striving for excellence, or even competence.
So, Shrek didn't get a "Best Animated Feature" Oscar?

From interviews I read, Myers had great confidence it would be the comeback of his glory days from the 90s. He appeared on countless TV shows last spring and summer in-character, promoting the heck out of it! He seemed...proud of it. [Dont Know]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
Huh... I actually enjoyed Indiana Jones.

I thought it was okay. While I don't feel the desire to re-watch it, it was average.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Uwe Boll is worst director? Huh... Who knew?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
quote:
it ain't as if anyone ever went to a MikeMyers movie expecting anything even vaguely striving for excellence, or even competence.
So, Shrek didn't get a "Best Animated Feature" Oscar?

From interviews I read, Myers had great confidence it would be the comeback of his glory days from the 90s. He appeared on countless TV shows last spring and summer in-character, promoting the heck out of it! He seemed...proud of it. [Dont Know]

It seems almost impossible that Myers didn't realize he was recycling - barely even repackaging - all the gags from Austin Powers.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Love Guru was an infinitely more tolerable movie than The Happening.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.