FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Any Andrew Bird fans out there?

Author Topic: Any Andrew Bird fans out there?
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Noble Beast arrives officially on January 20th, but they were so kind as to stream the album here.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I quite liked The Mysterious Production of Eggs, and loved Armchair Apocypha. I do believe I'll check that stream out when I get home.

Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric 2.0
Member # 11443

- posted      Profile for Godric 2.0   Email Godric 2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh... I loved The Mysterious Production of Eggs and liked Armchair Apocypha. I'm also looking forward to this one.

I haven't tracked down any of his earlier recordings though. Ever heard them?

Posts: 382 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Godric 2.0:
I haven't tracked down any of his earlier recordings though. Ever heard them?

Some kind soul gave me a gift certificate for Amazon once, and I got two of his earliest albums, Oh! The Grandeur and Thrills. They're in the same vein as the Squirrel Nut Zippers, which isn't surprising since some of the band members perform on one or both (can't remember exactly) of the albums. I really like The Swimming Hour, too. That one took a couple extra listens in comparison to Armchair or Mysterious Production, but is still really good. If you want to check out some earlier songs, search for him on deezer.com, too. [Smile]

Had to share the Andrew Bird love. So good to learn there are others out there!

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.