FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finding non-collectable comics

Author Topic: Finding non-collectable comics
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom hauled a box of old comics out of her crawlspace last year, and asked me to take it home. It used to be mine, after all.

There were a bunch of old Harvey comics in there. Little Dot, Richie Rich, Casper, etc. Some Archies. Some SF/horror comics, and some DC comics that must have been hiding in a corner when I got rid of my collection prior to moving to Israel in 1987.

Anyway, Tova was 7 at the time, and she totally glommed onto the Harveys. She had no interest at all in the DCs. But there were three issues of Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes in there, and she's been reading them over and over in the past weeks. She loves them to pieces and wants more.

They're in truly cruddy condition, and that suits me. She's 8 years old, and I wouldn't give her something collectable, because it wouldn't be collectable any more once she got through with it.

The problem is, when you go to eBay, most of what they have up there is collectable stuff, with prices to match. What I was hoping to find was a batch of Superboy and the LSH that's in good or lower condition. Does anyone here have any ideas where I could look for something like that?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you try a direct market comic shop? Many of them have bins where 25 cent and 10 cent back issues are kept. Late 70s-late 90s Legion comics tend to be common in the mix, at least in my area.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try that, thanks.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.