FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *poss spoiler* Stargate: Continuum, awesome movie, or THE awesome movie?

Author Topic: *poss spoiler* Stargate: Continuum, awesome movie, or THE awesome movie?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
It is a really good movie Stargate wise, really brings us back to the whole Stargate SG-1 feel that we all know and love.

The time travelness of it is a pretty big spoonful of suspension of disbelief science geeks will probably be going "huh that doesn't seem right" like they kinda crammed it in to make the rest of the story make sense.

In the end I wonder what Baal's plan for Earth was. He is generally the most reasonable of the System Lords and in fact is probably the only one who knows he is not really a God. My guess? He was so enamored of Earth's cosmopolitan culture that he would like to keep Earth isolated and weak enough not to be a threat but functional and advanced enough and unharmed so he could enjoy Earth like an Earthling with a few strategic concessions from Earth's leading powers. Much like Imperial Germany's plan for Belgium and for the Dutch during World War I.

In the end there are far worst alternatives, just ask Gordon Freemon.

[ July 05, 2008, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Blayne Bradley ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude.

Spoiler warning.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

No real spoilers its pretty common knowledge that Baal is involved and Earth is threatened and there's time travel.

Besides these 3 plot points there's no spoilers and the 3 plot points are common knowledge and fairly well advertised.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No, they're spoilers for people who are trying to avoid plot points. Not to mention you hint at further plot points. Please put a spoiler warning in the title. It's just courteous. It doesn't cost you anything. Please just do it. To be nice. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Its like trying to avoid the sun rising for fear its a spoiler these are things that are a given for people before they watch the movie like on the back of the box sorta thing.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
To paraphrase from somewhere else, I liked the movie better when it was called Moebius [Wink]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thanks, Blayne.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.