FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy birthday to me

Author Topic: Happy birthday to me
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I am now 21 years young.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you drunk yet?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Blayne!

I have to say, "21 years young" sounds somewhat funny since it's typically used as an expression to lessen the perception of age when one reaches an age more advanced than 21. [Smile]

Doing anything fun?

Elmer's Glue, isn't the first post self evident? [Wink]

[ June 09, 2008, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, may you have many more.

Blayne's in Canada, isn't 18 the drinking age in Canada? Or do I have that wrong?

Not that he couldn't be drunk for any birthday. Just sayin'. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

You can elgally drink beer in your own home at any age.
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
It used to be 19. We Seattle kids used to make good use of it until they passed a law making it 19 for Canadians and 21 for Americans.

Happy birthday, Blayne. Drink lots of water before you go to sleep. [Smile]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Blayne.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Many happy returns, Blayne. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great day, Blayne.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm going to the hospital today for a catscan.

I'm planning on acting completely oblivious to my surroundings when I come out of it "Doctor where am I? Correction, better question WHO am I?"

So in other words I just have to act completely natural.

Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Say what?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy B-Day. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Blayne.

Oh, and the catscan joke? My father beat you on that.

While he was in the middle of heart surgery, the doctors were worried that he had been given too much anesthesia too quickly. They stopped it and brought him around to see if any damage had occurred.

"Mr. Davis? Can you hear me? Do you know where you are?"

My father responded, "B#@$@#@#$ J#@$#@$@#$ Center." Expletives where not deleted.

Considering he was at the newly named hospital conglomeration known as BJC (combined three hospitals, Barnes, Jewish, and Children's into one profit center) my father's answer caused some concern.

"Where are you Mr. Davis?"

"B@#$@#$ Jack@#$@#$ Center. You know, BJC."

The doctor just shook his head and said, "Put him under again. He's as fine as he ever was."

The doctor later warned my father, "Never make your surgeon laugh in the middle of the surgery!"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday! [Big Grin]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.