FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Watching The Muppet Show Season Three...

Author Topic: Watching The Muppet Show Season Three...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...rather, watching the first couple episodes of the Season Three boxed set before getting kicked off so other household members can watch reality TV. [Wink]

Man, I love this show. The Muppet Show is one of those older shows that doesn't rely on nostalgia to get a pass. It holds up as a legitimately funny, enjoyable show.

By Season Three, the core characters and their relationships were well established. There was no longer any trouble booking big-name guests. The production numbers are noticeably far more lavish and elaborate. Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl began to play around with the scripts more. The chaos was increased. More spontaneous bits began to creep into the show.

New characters were introduced this season. In the two episodes I watched, Annie Sue, Miss Piggy's talented understudy (and unwitting rival) makes her first appearance. Louise Gold makes her so sweet and sincere that it's almost painful to watch Piggy abuse her. Oddly, this also makes it so much funnier. [Big Grin]

So far, the only real complaint I have is that there are still no Muppet performer/writer commentary tracks.

With Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Juhl gone, I'd really like it if someone could convince Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Karen Prell, Steve Whitmare, etc to offer their insights before...well...it's too late for them as well. [Frown]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.