FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We have the weirdest pillow talk in the world

Author Topic: We have the weirdest pillow talk in the world
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Teres is curled across the top of the bed, surfing the web on the laptop. I come in and lie down perpendicular, with my head touching hers. She's lying with her head on her right arm; her hand is now in front of my stomach. She tickles it, and this happens:

"I do believe I was just tickled."
"Did you get a good look at the culprit?"
"I'm still waiting for the field team to finish their work, but I'm pretty sure that it was... you!"
"No, I'm sure you were mistaken. It was a wooly worm."

I grab the offending finger and hold it (carefully) up.

"You are a wooly worm? A four-foot-eleven wooly worm?"
She pouts. "All the other wooly worms made fun of me. They wouldn't let me join their wooly worm gam--"

Now we are both giggling, trying to get our words out.

"You're remarkably woolyless, for a wooly worm."
"I thought you'd prefer it if I shaved."
"That's very thoughtful."
"Thank you."
"So you're like, what, the Godzilla of wooly worms?"
"It's a lonely existence."
"So there should be a young Japanese wooly worm that will become your friend, and then be the only one who can stop you."
"Why would I want someone to stop me?"
"Good point. If a wooly worm comes up to you and speaks Japanese, gish him."
"I don't know if I'd recognise Japanese or Chinese or Korean or... or... any other..."
"...ean," we finish together, giggling again.
"So any wooly worm that speaks anything to you other than American, gish him."
"What about an English wooly worm?"
"Better play it safe."
"Canadian?"
"You can let him go, he'll be more polite than the American ones. In fact, come to think of it, the American wooly worms are as likely to shoot you as any oth--"
"This is how Godzilla gets started!"
"Excuse me?"
"I totally get it. You never know which tiny creature is going to betray you and it gets easier and makes more sense to just start gishing all of them until you get fed up and go back into the ocean."

She crossed her arms over her chest, outrageously indignant and red-faced from holding in the giggles. I hugged her and assured her that I would protect her from all the attacking wooly worms who would dare treat her wrong. She would be free, I promised, to do whatever she wanted without fear of military reprisal.

She said, "Oh, good" and started tickling me again.

This sort of thing happens a lot.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing that would make this more amusing is if there was no one named Teres. [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder sometimes, but I don't think my imagination is that good.

[ April 11, 2008, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe.That's awesome. [ROFL]

What I find most amusing/creepy is that's easily a conversation Ericka and I could have had. I often wonder how retarded we would seem to...normal people.

Well, if we are in fact crazy at least we're not the only ones.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the ability to be incredibly silly with each other is a sign of a good relationship. [Smile]

And aside from the vaguely awkward aspect of hearing a story of someone else's pillow talk, that's a hilarious story Chris!

And I probably only find it awkward cause I'm a youngun and relatively unexperienced with the pillow talk. [Wink]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
Hehe.That's awesome. [ROFL]

What I find most amusing/creepy is that's easily a conversation Ericka and I could have had. I often wonder how retarded we would seem to...normal people.

Well, if we are in fact crazy at least we're not the only ones.

Ditto! Rich and I might easily have had the same conversation.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
A conversation I just had on the phone with a girl:

Me: "I really think I could start a cult. I 've really thought about it plenty of times. I think I could do it."

Her: "Try not to do that."

I don't know. It was funnier out loud. [ROFL]

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.