FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » About Bev Harris

Author Topic: About Bev Harris
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Bev Harris founded blackboxvoting.org. I first head about her from an HBO documentary called Hacking Democracy.

Did anyone see this after the Bush/Gore election? What are you opinions of the movie? It seemed fair, authentic, and well documented. Of course that is easy to fake in documentaries.

I ask because I just read her letter regarding Iowa. Some Paul supporters think there was a hack.

I think that pulling double digits and having a close span between 3rd and 5th makes it unlikely to be sabotage. However her movie is on my mind these days.

The movie made me think. Who has seen it? You should. It makes you look at elections with a new perspective.

Is she like Alex Jones who quote dives and makes extravagant claims denying contradictory evidence to further his/her agenda, or is she an asset to citizen watch groups?

quote:
Posted on Friday, January 4, 2008 - 8:31 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It isn't even a skillful magic show.

The Republican caucuses usually take only half as long as the Democratic caucuses, due to simpler procedures. Yet the Republicans are lagging behind the Democrats now by over TEN HOURS in having all their results in. Results delays are a red flag.

Alert CSPAN watchers caught TV screen shots of Giuliani vote totals going down by a couple thousand votes midstream in, I believe it was, Linn County. That needs a confirm; screen shot images were posted on various blogs, but if anyone recorded the coverage and can corroborate those screen shots, please let us know.

As many of us know, vote totals that go DOWN during the middle of the count can be an error, but also can signal an election theft tactic whereby votes from a candidate finishing very low in the pack are skimmed off and given to a favored candidate higher in the pack. If corroborated, the vote total shift will be another red flag.

And with the Republican race, I wouldn't look first at fraud in the number one position. I'd look for it in the area of repositioning candidates in the second through sixth spot.

- The delay in results is a red flag.
- The vote totals going down during the count is a red flag.
- The failure to release county results in live time, as promised in a Republican Party press release on Jan. 2, is a red flag.
- The failure to release precinct totals at all is a corrupt procedure. Note that the day before the caucuses, after much pressure, the Republicans did (belatedly) promise to release the precinct results on election night. They didn't.

In addition: I'm trying to get information on whether the public was kicked out of the room during hand counting in all locations, or just some.

I will be publishing some reports by caucus attendees in the "Front Lines" section later today.

There is absolutely no reason to consider any of the Republican caucus results to be credible.

I'm not saying they are wrong, I am saying the breakdown in checks and balances was stunning enough to call it not a magic show, but a bad magic show.

Bev Harris

Bev Harris
Board Administrator
blackboxvoting.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The online election results are provided by an Illinois firm called Election Mall Technologies. The Illinois secretary of state site corporations Web site shows that this firm has had its corporate standing involuntarily dissolved, which usually means "papers weren't filed on time." Not a big deal, normally, but interesting in light of the fact that it had its corporate standing revoked and not reinstated a few years earlier. It reincorporated under another name.

Below are the reported Iowa results missing 65 precincts, as of 10:42 am central time Jan 4. Below that I will post screen shots of the online results provider, Election Mall Technologies. By the way, one of the key people listed with Election Mall Technologies is Democratic Party strategist Joe Trippi.

From http://www.iowagop.net
Bookmark/Search this post with:

**Note: her post is not in response to Ron Paul or his positions. She was just looking at the election in general.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.