FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » using crystall reports

Author Topic: using crystall reports
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If I create crystal reports with a wizard how do I have it access a .mdb file thats in the DataDirectory of a project?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a hard time imagining you can't find enough info on this using a google search, Blayne.

Google is a search engine. Hatrack is a message board community. Use each appropriately, please.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I used google and found NOTHING in over 3 hours.

There's not a single page that explains how to use Crystal reports from a database on the hard disk in the App_Data of the project, they all use SQL examples.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bokonon:
I have a hard time imagining you can't find enough info on this using a google search, Blayne.

Err...that's true of about 99% of the information request postings on this board.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have Crystal Reports on my machine, and this is covered in the HELP menu within that program - using an ODBC to connect to Access databases.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Blayne tends to post these types of requests more often than 99% of the posters here. I don't mind the occasional one, but every day, or multiples per day are a bit much.

Do any of these help you out (if not, then I'm stumped)? Your question was lacking a lot of context (what you've tried, for instance).

Good luck!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Looks like some of my links are close to what FarmGirl thinks is the solution too. They were all found via one or two google searches.

That said, they may not be helpful, so we'll see.

-Bok

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
crystal reports? wizards? is blayne studying in hogwarts?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.