FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Whatever it is, it's winning."

Author Topic: "Whatever it is, it's winning."
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The full trailer for that mysterious J.J. Abrams monster flick...

Hmmmm....

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Who cares about the Statue of Liberty?

Now, four-toed statues....... [Wink]

This looks hugely entertaining as long as I don't get sick from the shaky camera.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! Yes! I am so seeing this and I normally hate monster movies.

I wonder if they are using the RED Camera for this movie, since the motif is a guy running around with a camera. This camera is all sorts of awesome condenced into an affordable package.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
If the whole thing is shaky Blair Witch camera, I think I might not enjoy it as much, even if it is supposed to be all documentary theme like, which normally I'd enjoy, but not with that many explosions, and apparently, exploding people, if that girl in the tent is any indication.

I don't mind the fact that we still have no idea what is going on in this movie, but it's less than two months away now, shouldn't we have a LITTLE more idea as to the plot? Right now it looks like a much cooler version of that Stephen King's Fog movie that's coming out soon, with a dash of War of the Worlds and a sprinkle of ID4. But I guess you take that and add a pinch of mysterious hype and that's what it takes to bake blockbuster cake.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr, I'm using your cake metaphor every chance I get from now on. Hope you don't mind. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I knew I should have copyrighted it! [Wink]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
You are my media god Puffy. Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't heard anything about this movie yet, but I enjoyed this column.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I saw this preview last week. I saw a lot of previews. The Will Smith one, I think it's "My name is Legend" looked a lot cooler. Though I don't know that I'd enjoy either. The shaky cam was just annoying to me, but I don't like a lot of noise and confusion. Some people do.

quote:
J.J. is annoying, annoying like a fox!

LOL.

It did look as though Cloverfield is the name of the movie. It seemed pretty clear to me what the movie was going to be about.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

What do you know about it other than "vague monster does vague things to people"?

I think it's "I Am Legend."

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so purposefully going to try to keep myself as uninformed about this movie as possible because I have to say, I actually think it's cool not to know everything about a movie before I go in to see it.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.