FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lectionary Development

Author Topic: Lectionary Development
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ecumenical. CCT. 1992 revisions. Over 20 identified groups. Worldwide. Okay -- I get that broad-based brush stroke.

What I really want is more in-depth information about the "process" of development.

The who, the how, the challenges, etc.

(No, this is not homework. *grin*)

It came up in Bible study and I want to learn more, and was hoping folks here with much more knowledge than me could point me in the right direction, or share what they know.

Thanks!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about to go into a long meeting, but I can send you some info tonight, if no one else beats me to it.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Here's a start
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Thanks dkw [Smile] -- that's the website I found which spurred me on to ask my esteemed Jatraqueros. [Smile]

I guess what I really want to know is the process or the "how" of deciding what was used and what wasn't, etc. Or where to go to find out. But that doesn't seem to be readily available . . . hmmm. Which could easily mean I am looking in the wrong places.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Hmm. I know one of my colleages was actually involved in CCT at that time. If I can remember which one, I could ask him. Or her.

*ponders*

Shan
Member # 4550

Way cool! Wow! I'd love to know!
dkw
Member # 3264

Well, I figured it out -- I was on a committee with her several years ago, but she's since moved out of state.

Do I understand that what you're looking for is memoirs of people about the process itself? The FAQ section of the site I linked to has the "plan" they used to structure the sequence of readings, but not why individual texts were chosen over others.

Shan
Member # 4550

It's the "why" I'm really curious about. Memoirs, notes, meeting minutes even . . . although, those things might not be available. I know with the BOD's I serve on, we keep minutes pretty limited to facts and decision points.
Shan
Member # 4550

*bump*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.