FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Indy IV, light on the effects

Author Topic: Indy IV, light on the effects
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
http://movies.ign.com/articles/802/802307p1.html

I was surprised that they decided to go this route seeing as how Spielberg and Lucas are both huge icons in pushing the limits of special effects. But TBH, I'm kinda glad this route is supposedly being taken. I think the experience will be more immersing and reminiscent of a 50s pulp movie.

Chalk up one more point for being excited about this movie. Also I am glad I tied my hands up and didn't buy the box set of movies 1-3 + bonus disk when it came out, I REALLY wanted it.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the top part. I didn't want to get into the spoilers. I hoped they would "keep it real" so to speak. I hate it when movies that are supposed to be set in this world with humans gets into the sci-fi stuff. Charlies Angels II is a prime example.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
*begins to drool*

When is this coming out again?

*cotinues drooling*

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by steven:
*begins to drool*

When is this coming out again?

*cotinues drooling*

Summer of 2008.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Bam!

*more drooling ensues*

Bam!

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think "light on the effects" is as accurate as saying "heavy on the traditional effects"...like the first three films were.

They can claim "B Movie" all they want, but they used very polished, extensive effects on those films. They just weren't digital. [Cool]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
So Indy doesn't have a lightsaber? No epic battles in space? He doesn't have a sidekick that's a digitally inserted talking camel?

What's the point of this movie again?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

To remind us that Harrison Ford wasn't just "That guy who was in Mosquito Coast". [Wink]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Good move by Lucas and Spielberg. I'm more excited for this now.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
I don't think "light on the effects" is as accurate as saying "heavy on the traditional effects"...like the first three films were.

They can claim "B Movie" all they want, but they used very polished, extensive effects on those films. They just weren't digital. [Cool]

By light I mean, "hey they didn't film the entire movie with a blue screen behind the actors."

Or, "We used computers to construct EVERY object including the actors in the movie."

That to me is "light on the special effects," nowadays movies are often swimming in them.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

In digital effects, yeah. Mostly it's a money thing. These days, it really is cheaper to create a completely digital fantastical landscape (ala MirrorMask) than it is to build the equivalent set.

Though, the blame should go to Jim Henson, for pioneering it in Fraggle Rock all those years ago. For many of the "Widescreen" shots of the Rock, the background was digital. Dang Muppets.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.