FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New 'Order of the Phoenix' character banners...

Author Topic: New 'Order of the Phoenix' character banners...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Sirius, and...Dolores Umbridge?

How odd that she's included in a mix of "heroic" characters.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is odd the made one with Umbridge as a good person.

It's been awhile since I read OotP. Who is the death eater in the metal mask? And is that Ginny in the poster? Did they change actresses?

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
That's "Looney" Lovegood.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The blond girl is Luna Lovegood.

Not sure which Death Eater Mr. Mask is supposed to be.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that makes sense. She looks better than I though Luna would. I thought looney would be a more colorful.
Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Umbridge is hardly "good" in that poster. They just ran out of bad guys, and had to use her twice. [Wink] So they put her in the opposite position in the second poster.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Umbridge is hardly "good" in that poster.

I wondered why she was included in a mixture of heroic characters...I don't think that's the same thing as calling her "good".

Still, it's an odd choice putting her adjacent to Dumbledore. It'd be more appropriate to place a gathering of the DA, the Weasley twins...or even the Centaurs. [Big Grin]

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Its odd that her banner is the only one prominently featuring a "villian." I could understand if they did reversals. Say, if Voldemort was featured on a banner rather than an addition to Harry. But she's the only one.

But more importantly....how do I get my hands on the Sirius/Bella one?! I've resisted buying posters on eBay in the past but that is almost too cool to pass up!

[ May 05, 2007, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Shanna ]

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to say this but...........Dolores is not FAT ENOUGH.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Eh. There are trade-offs. I'm sure Imelda Staunton's considerable acting talents will make many forget her lack of physical resemblance to Book-Umbridge. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Umbridge is hardly "good" in that poster.

I wondered why she was included in a mixture of heroic characters...I don't think that's the same thing as calling her "good".

Still, it's an odd choice putting her adjacent to Dumbledore.

Not at all. In many ways, the battle of that particular book is epitomized by precisely those two characters.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Dumbledore's barely in book five, so I'll have to disagree. While he does get a few good scenes, Umbridge gets entire chapters devoted to herself, with the overt and covert resistance mainly coming from characters other than Albus. Thus, I don't see Dumbledore epitomizing the battle with Umbridge...heck, he almost forces everyone else to cope with her all on their own while he avoids Harry/goes off on secret missions for the Order.
rivka
Member # 4859

He is a symbol, rather than a presence.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.