FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spider-Man villains unlikely to make it into the movies:

Author Topic: Spider-Man villains unlikely to make it into the movies:
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Madam Belladona - She's an evil...perfumist. Believe it or not, the very fey fashion designer she sought to ruin in her few appearances later became the Hobgoblin!

The Incredible Iguana - Basically he has all the powers of the Lizard, only he has a species specific name. Ooooh. Ahhhh. The twist was, instead of a human mutated into a lizard, he was a lizard mutated into...a -really- large lizard!

Swarm - It's a shame he's so obscure, because if an undead Nazi scientist with a body composed entirely of radioactive bees doesn't make a GREAT cinematic super-villain, I don't know what does!

Videoman - Videoman was the malevolent creation of that early 80s arcade-loving miscreant Electro. No, wait...he was a member of the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends universe version of the X-Men. Maybe both. I loved him as a kid, really.

The Kangaroo - He tracked kangaroos, studied their habits, adopted their diet, craved their ability to hop. He eventually got it, but at the cost of being snickered at by the likes of the Grizzly and the Gibbon.

The Big Wheel - Perhaps the most literal-minded super-villain in the Marvel Universe. His gimmick is he rides around in a wheel.

A big one.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Since I'm not a reader of Marvel, I have to ask.

Is this a joke? Or are these seriously villains that appeared in real, bonafide comic books?

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Swarm - It's a shame he's so obscure, because if an undead Nazi scientist with a body composed entirely of radioactive bees doesn't make a GREAT cinematic super-villain, I don't know what does!

Sounds cool to me. Really, I think I'd like to see Mysterio or Electro.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Awww....he just needs a hug.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Bando: These are all actual, genuine super-villains who have fought Spider-Man over the years. They just happen to be some of the more obscure ones...though one can generally find their appearances in the Essential Spider-Man and Essential Peter Parker volumes Marvel publishes.

The one exception is Videoman, who was created for the 25+ years old Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon show. Though I seem to recall Sean McKeever introduced him into the actual Marvel comics once. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember swarm, not the others though.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I didn't even bring up the Hypno Hustler or the Spot.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Looking at the list, I've been unfairly picking on the B-list Bronze Age Spidey villains.

Why, there's loads more from the Silver, Iron, and Modern Age.

Such as:

Geldoff - The proof that Brian Michael Bendis -needed- pre-existing villains to revamp for Ultimate Spider-Man. What was Geldoff's deal? Well, imagine every Euro-Trash stereotype in the world crammed into one character. Then, give him the power to make cars fly around and a connection to the often hinted at (and just as often ignored and forgotten) Grand Unified Ultimate Universe Conspiracy.

Then never mention him again. [Smile]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
Sounds cool to me. Really, I think I'd like to see Mysterio or Electro.

Mysterio is supposed to turn up in Spidey 3...played by Bruce Campbell, no less!

I totally hope he's wearing the "fish bowl" on his head. [Big Grin]

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to post the other day that we've already seen Mysterio in disguise in the form or Bruce Campbell.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.