FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dresden Files, Part *french word for nine*

Author Topic: Dresden Files, Part *french word for nine*
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Is excellent!

White Night is most excellent. I got it two days ago and devoured it (as is usual for myself and dresden files.) Dresden's character gains new levels of complexity, and each character, whether human or inhuman gains a certain level of humanity that was absent in previous books. Now, even ghouls, necromancers, and car-eating-fungus-demons act for a reason. No longer is Dresden attacked by something hairy "'cause it's evil," now they attack for personal reasons, still to be anihilated with melodramatic flair.

White Night also brings back several side characters that have been too long absent in the series, each returning with new dept, and wise crack lines.

Yet again Harry Dresden saves the day, but this time he does it even better, though unfortunately, the war-cry of small winged warriors "For the pizza lord!" fails to make a reappearance.

Shepherd

Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear Dresden is still going strong.

I'm trying to resist the temptation until White Night comes out in paperback, but it's a tough battle. Too bad I can't bury the temptation in my basement under a summoning circle.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Well theirs always the library, they have some very potent access to the nevernever regions of Borders vaults.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Borders has White Night 30% off right now (no coupon needed) . . .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.