FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The removal of a bad weed.. ( help. )

Author Topic: The removal of a bad weed.. ( help. )
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
College work environment.

Many young stundent employees.

One perverted molester as the manager.

---

I just recieved a job working here. Didn't like the manager from the get go. Then I heard about the hooker he had been stalking and the under age girls he's had in his office. -- The others who've complained said that 'The Board' knows about some of it and refused to take any action.

I want him gone. Nothing upsets me more than young innocent people being taken advantage of.

How does someone /get/ another person fired. Or what could I do to make him quit?

If I could find any hard evidence of anything, i'd be sure to take that route and not stop applying pressure until they gave in and did something about it, but until that happens, I won't pass up a chance to remove him otherwise.

Any ideas?

-jwm

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't HAVE proof, it may not be (completely) true. Watch yourself, document anything you personally see, hear, or experience. Otherwise, don't act on accusations from disgruntled staff when you just got there.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
I've considered that as well. But i've encountered multiple witnesses including one who's a close friend i've known to be honest for many years. -- I haven't canceled it out just yet as being false.

Does anyone know the details behind using a video recording device to catch stuff? isn't it illegal?

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
It depends. A hidden camera, yes, most likely.

The best thing you can do is make sure that young women are not alone with someone you suspect wants to harm them.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
As ketchupqueen says, clear and consistent documentation is key, regardless of where you go with the information. Names, dates, times of what happened or was said, exact details, and information about how and from whom you heard it (if it was secondhand info).

Again, as ketchupqueen said, you may or may not be hearing the full story. But I don't think keeping track of what you hear or see will hurt, and neither will the following:

Meanwhile, do some homework on your local and state harrasment laws. You say this is a college work environment -- is it college-affiliated? If so, then get familiar with their regulations as well. Regardless of whether there is formal affiliation, you can also ask to speak confidentially to the university ombudsperson or someone at the student mental health services, even if you are not a student. If students are involved, they may be able to give you some information about steps that could be taken and services that could be made available, should the need arise.

It sounds like you don't know for sure what is going on. I think the best way to deal with that, given your concerns, is to get as much information as you can, safely and confidentially, and then bend a few wise and experienced ears to see what you should do with it. But for goodness' sake, if you start harrassing*** the guy yourself (openly or covertly), you are not going to make the case against him any better.

---

***Edited to add: which it sounds like you are considering. That isn't wise. Are you in a position to ask the young persons you are concerned about whether there is anything going on in their lives (be as vague as you want) that is troubling them?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.