FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Babylon 5 DVD in production!

Author Topic: New Babylon 5 DVD in production!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Babylon 5 lives!
[Party]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*misses G'Kar*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The first DVD is going to require nearly 200 EFX shots, taking us all over Alliance space, and Babylon 5, which is being redesigned using the latest CGI technology. The same CGI is being used to create virtual sets a la Sin City, but on an even more detailed basis, in many cases integrating them with practical sets based on the original blueprint designs for Babylon 5.

B5, now prettier! Woot!
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Bab5 has a history of making bad movies... and with Dr Franklin and G'Kar both dead... I'm not as excited about this as I would like to be.

Still... I miss the Babylon 5 universe and I'm going to buy this.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. For the most part I've been pretty dissapointed with the B5 movies, especially the latest one done by the SciFi channel.

But I will still eagerly wait for it.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean "Legend of the Rangers" Porter?
I thought that was a TNT one... *goes to look*

Yup... you're right. [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Bab5 has a history of making bad movies... and with Dr Franklin and G'Kar both dead... I'm not as excited about this as I would like to be.

Still... I miss the Babylon 5 universe and I'm going to buy this.

I know... [Frown]
G'Kar was my favorite.
I can't believe with all the trash movies out there that all the attempts to get a B5 motion picture made have failed. Stupid Hollywood...
[Grumble]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I can't believe with all the trash movies out there that all the attempts to get a B5 motion picture made have failed. Stupid Hollywood...
[Grumble]

When I see how poorly Serenity did a the box office, I can't really blame them.

At least we got five seasons, though. That's something.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Are they honestly going to use the same visual design for the interiors? I could do without the 1993 veneer "marble" hallways and too-light plastic props, please.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I want the Telepath War! What a tease, I mean. It's been almost 10 years, and JMS still has yet to let anyone know exactly what happened.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Do we even know who won the Telepath War?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to say yes, that that information was provided somewhere, but I can't recall exactly.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Normals won the telepath war, but Telepaths got new rules.

Bester was exiled (according to an unfilmed script of Crusade that was floating around the net for a while after the show was canceled.)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I read the Telepath Trilogy. As far as B5 books go, there are only 10 books (to the best of my knowledge) that are canon.

To Dream in the City of Sorrows, by Kathryn M. Drennan (Covers the period between the first and second seasons, when Sinclair went to Minbar.)

Legions of Fire, by Peter David (Covers the history of Lando and Centauri from the end of the fifth season until the scene 20 years in the future when Lando and G'Kar die.)
1. The Long Night of Centauri Prime
2. Armies of Light and Dark
3. Out of the Darkness

The Passing of the Techno-Mages, by Jeanne Cavelos (I don't know exactly what this covers, because I haven't read it.)
1. Casting Shadows
2. Summoning Light
3. Invoking Darkness

The PsyCorps Trilogy, by J. Gregory Keyes (Covers the history of the PsyCorps, starting with the first discovery of telepaths, hopping into B5 time, and finishing up after the Telepath War, which takes place in between books 2 and 3, dammit.)
1. Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps
2. Deadly Relations: Bester Ascendant
3. Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester

I don't know if any of the comics are canon.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitoshi
Member # 8218

- posted      Profile for Hitoshi   Email Hitoshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telperion the Silver:
Yay! Babylon 5 lives!
[Party]

You just made my day. [Smile]
Posts: 208 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I don't know if any of the comics are canon.
I know that some of them are, but I don't know if all of them are.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.