FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Day Break

Author Topic: Day Break
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else watching Day Break? It is freakishly good. But the whole thing is supposed to be 12 eps, and they've run 6 eps so far, and the ABC site says the next ep isn't scheduled yet. So it was fairly stupid of me to start it. I just love redo stories.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard last week through The Watcher at ChicagoTribune.com that Daybreak was cancelled but that all 12 eps would beavailable on their website. And you're right, there's only the 12 eps total, the entire story will be fully wrapped up.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I was -- and our TV schedule said it was on last Wednesday (which it wasn't) and this Wednesday (which it apparently isn't).

I like the fact that he's affected physically by what happens the day before, not just from a knowledge/understanding standpoint (like the bullet wound). But then some things get "solved" in one episode and forgotten from there on. Ok with what's-her-name's old boyfriend since it was sort of explained (though the morning follow-up call only happens the once, which bugged me a little), but not so much with don't-buy-coffee lady, for example.

I really like Taye Diggs, too. I even watched Kevin Hill all the way until it was cancelled, no matter how bad it got, because I really like Taye Diggs.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
I heard last week through The Watcher at ChicagoTribune.com that Daybreak was cancelled but that all 12 eps would beavailable on their website.

Wahhh. Website != HD. But at least we'll get to find out what the heck is going on.

Jonathan Banks has creeped me out ever since Otherworld (and if that doesn't date me, nothing will). I rather enjoyed what Emilio Lizardo did to him.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the show about?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

A cop gets framed for murder. Things go very badly for him. At the end of the day, he wakes up the next morning on the same day. Basically, a Groundhog Day sort of concept (though I hate calling it that, because I liked 12:01 better, and the book Replay was a billion times better than either movie), with the day repeating over and over and over again. Each repeat, he finds out new things, new clues, and the show runs 13 episodes, at the end of which, it's all solved.

The names of the eps are pretty cool, too. This is from Epguides.com:

1. Pilot
2. What If They Run
3. What If He Lets Her Go
4. What If He Can Change The Day
5. What If They're Stuck
6. What If They Find Him
7. What If He's Not Alone
8. What If She's Lying
9. What If They're Connected
10.What If He's Free
11.What If He Walks Away
12.What If She's The Key
13.What If It's Him

And like I said, they only aired the first 6 eps.

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like an interesting premise. I'll put it on my list of shows to watch.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it's cancelled.

Along with William Shatner's new game show.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Incidentally, in either the 5th or 6th episode, one of the characters mentions Ten Speed and Brownshoe. That was such an unexpected blast from the past that it yanked me right out of the story. The guy who said it was way too young to have any clue what that show was.
Lisa
Member # 8384

It'll be online by the end of February. Link. That's something, anyway. At least I get to see what happened.

[ January 16, 2007, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
We've long lived in a videotape/dvd/online world. So if one of the parents of that young man or his friends were a nostalgic fan of Tenspeed and Brownshoe, the young man could have been exposed to the series.

[ January 16, 2007, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I was holding off watching 5 and 6, which I have recorded, when I heard it was being canceled. I'll have to go back and watch them now. Thank God for the internet.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else think Digg's acting was wooden?
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
We've long lived in a videotape/dvd/online world. So if one of the parents of that young man or his friends were a nostalgic fan of Tenspeed and Brownshoe, the young man could have been exposed to the series.

But can you get DVDs of that show? Did they have VCRs yet when it was on?
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
I was holding off watching 5 and 6, which I have recorded, when I heard it was being canceled. I'll have to go back and watch them now. Thank God for the internet.

Um... I misread it. It's the end of February. So you may want to wait.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Irami Osei-Frimpong:
Did anyone else think Digg's acting was wooden?

<shrug> I don't know. I thought that was just the character. It's hard to tell, sometimes. I've never seen Diggs acting woodenly before, and it seems to suit this character. He's wicked focused.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Incidentally, for those of you who watched the first 6 eps of Day Break, the rest of them have been airing online, a new ep each Monday. They're up to ep 11 now, and there are only two to go. According to the faq on that page, this will be resolved by the end of those eps.
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
There are people here who thought it would last? I knew it would be gone the first advertisement. The novelty was that the show would not be novel. Every show the same as every other show other than a few changes? Lame and boring. I know that a majority of television is that way, but most people don't want the show to act like it is that way - especially as the main theme.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Occasional, I take it you haven't actually watched the show.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I assume that's the case, because it doesn't reflect the show I've been watching in the least.
Lisa
Member # 8384

I just watched the finale. Excellent. It's just... I didn't recognize the guy at the end. Should I have known who that was?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.