FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do I sound like a Leader?

Author Topic: Do I sound like a Leader?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Now forgive me for procrastinating on my test here (open book open notes so my laptop is open and i have 3 hours wait make that 1.2..... but im almost done)

Now lets look at my name.

Blayne Bradley.

Bradley

Blayne

General Bradley, or Rear Admiral Blayne "Ellison" Bradley.

Thats right my middle name is Ellison.

*proud*

Well?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
A leader confronts the problems before him, knowing that avoiding them can hurt him and his party down the road.

Finish your test, Blayne.

[Wink]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Leader perhaps, but more of a super hero's alter ego.

Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Clark Kent, etc.

My first name is Taylor, and I've always thought it stops anyone from thinking I mean business. But then again it might just mean I need to make Taylor more manly and awesome then Tyler.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Blayne- I always liked the name Tyler.

And not just because that is my name.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Or a hero from '50s pulp fiction.

These days, names like 'Blake' and 'Blayne' strike me as the male versions of names like 'Dakota' or 'Shaughnessy.'

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Names like Dakota or whattheeverlovinghopscotchdidyousay?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I must say, I never thought that open notes could make a test more difficult. Sure, it turns it from a test of memorisation to a test of understanding, but I've always been good at understanding. But then you add, apparently, a test of willpower to stay away from Hatcrack! It's just as well I didn't have a laptop when I was an undergrad, I'd have flunked the first year.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

ive calcuated my mark on this test to be around 65-70, depending how much part marks I get, for some reasons my code to apply a filter on a form didn't work right and I had the friggin notes+program I used it on before on my laptop.

But none the less based on this break down:

first test 25/25
second tets 17.5/25
third test and lets assume a pessimistic estimate of 10/25 (probly 15/25 though)

52.5, however there's another 25% in assignments and projects which I estimate will bring my mark up to 70.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You remind me of Arnold "Big Man" "Ace" Rimmer.

"Whatta Guy!"

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
a test of willpower to stay away from Hatcrack!

I think we should use our willpower to stay away from all crack.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
You remind me of Arnold "Big Man" "Ace" Rimmer.

"Whatta Guy!"

The Ace Episodes were my favorite ones.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
If your title is actually a question from what I have read and how you have presented yourself ont he board you strike me as the leader type. Now if you are a good leader I do not know, that's something that one has to witness in person from my experience. Hope that helps.

You should probably finish your test though, since some of your grade rides on it.

Good luck. [Big Grin]

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

i finished at the time of my above post.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DaisyMae:
I think we should use our willpower to stay away from all crack.

Personally, I shall continue to wipe.

[ December 13, 2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
If Blayne chooses to be a super hero indeed, he shall have to deal with the likes of me, for I am the notorious super villan known as The Dastardly Spictacular.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.