FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Tante!

Author Topic: Hey Tante!
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm responding to a question that you asked me in General Sax' recently deleted thread. I did respond there and while I hate to repeat myself, I thought you might appreciate a cute anecdote from my little nephew (if you didn't see my post there):

(For those of you that don't know, my little nephew Alex, now about 3 1/2, calls me 'Washer' because my mother was playing the naming game with him using a hand-towel. After asking him what it was (and he correctly responding 'washer') in various situations, she draped it over my head ('What is it Alex?' 'washer!') then removed it ('Who's that Alex?' 'WASHER!'). Ever since, he's called me Washer and thinks I live on a plane.)

My Mum was showing Alex a photo of me from when I was around 20. I was a lot thinner then, being kind of a big guy these days, had hair down to my waist and horrible tortiseshell glasses that could only find a home in the 90's.

When she asked him 'Who's that Alex?' his response was:

'That's Washer! But I don't know that Washer.'

The only person who's ever been able to give me a nickname that's stuck was 2 when he did it. Heh. [Smile]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering what happened to that thread. All this stuff happens when I'm sleeping...

Cool story, Troubs. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.