FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lisa == StarLisa?

Author Topic: Lisa == StarLisa?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm horribly confused, I thought starLisa said that she couldn't use Lisa as her acount name and yet here she is with 4000 posts I'm scared and confused.

[ November 09, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Blayne Bradley ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
*i don't know the dets but that just cracked me up*
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Do research, check threads she's posted, figure it out on your own.

And I'll give you a cookie.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll throw in a kewpie doll!
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

hehe i mixed up the 2 names, edited in correct sequence.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears you need to be taken care of. But I'm still not answering. Look at Lisa's recent posts, now look at the threads she started. Read a few of them.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shmuel:
I'll throw in a kewpie doll!

Do we WANT to know why you have an extra kewpie doll?

Speaking of "scared and confused" . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cmc:

What does "dets" mean?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Do we WANT to know why you have an extra kewpie doll?

For just such occasions as these, of course! A good Boy Scout is always prepared.

...okay, I was never a Boy Scout, but the statement stands. [Smile]

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I used to keep an extra boyscout lying around, so I have no problem with extra Kewpie dolls.
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
quote:
Originally posted by cmc:

What does "dets" mean?
(Details, I think.)

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa posted a thread thanking PapaJanitor for his efforts in making the change from starLisa.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Aspectre, some of us wanted him to figure that one out on his own. It'd be good for him.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be my guess.

Blayne, have you ever heard of slippage? You probably know that there are an infinite number of parallel universes, stacked one next to the other. Every time a decision is made, they branch.

So... as you'd expect, universes next door to one another tend to be almost identical. Very, very small differences. And often, people slip back and forth between neighboring universes. Hence: slippage.

Ordinarily, you don't notice this at all. The difference between this universe and the one you may have been in an hour ago could be that in one, a guy in Kuala Lumpur turned left instead of right.

But from time to time, the differences are closer to hand. For example, have you ever left your keys on your night table, and then not been able to find them? You know that's where you left them, but they just aren't there. And after wasting the whole morning looking, you find them on your dresser, where you know you didn't put them.

What happened here is that you did leave them on your night table. And the you in the universe next door left them on the dresser. And you and he "slipped". Switched places with one another without even noticing it. And maybe the only difference between the two universes is where you left those keys. So while you're going nuts trying to figure out how your keys got on your dresser, he's flipping out just as much trying to work out why on earth he would have put them on the night table.

Anyway, this is a roundabout way of suggesting that perhaps you hail from a universe in which my username is "starlisa". But as you can see from my post count, I've always been using my current account, ever since I joined.

Don't feel bad. Somewhere out there in the cosmos is an alternate Blayne Bradley, who is trying to figure out why my name suddenly has a "star" in front of it. Hopefully alternate-me will take the time to explain it to him.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*chokes on suppressed laughter*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Well, it would have been better had I not taken so long typing that that aspectre was able to blow the joke first. <sigh>
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Lisa!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if (Lisa == starLisa), but I am reasonably confident (Lisa.equals(starLisa)) evaluates to true.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

[Frown]

everyone knows that to travel between parallel universes your existence needs to be undefined.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Lisa, I was absolutely delighted to read that. Great stuff!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, I think I'll send your story to my brother. He still hasn't found his car keys.

p.s. Oh, and JTK: thanks!

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not sure if (Lisa == starLisa), but I am reasonably confident (Lisa.equals(starLisa)) evaluates to true.
I couldn't remember the correct syntax to make that joke. I'm glad someone made it.

Oh, and *applaud Lisa*. Especially for this:

quote:
Don't feel bad. Somewhere out there in the cosmos is an alternate Blayne Bradley, who is trying to figure out why my name suddenly has a "star" in front of it. Hopefully alternate-me will take the time to explain it to him.
It's the little touches that elevate a merely clever post to a comedic gem. [Laugh]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey, Lisa. How do you feel about Gate G-1?
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I couldn't remember the correct syntax to make that joke. I'm glad someone made it.
As glad as you are that someone made it, consider me 10 times as glad that someone got it [Wink] .
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait until PJ fixes Trek and Wars.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
quote:
Give the guy a break; he's learning C++, which doesn't have an everything-derives-from-Object hierarchy. Whatever class Lisa is may not even have an equals method defined. In fact, knowing her, it's way more likely to override the == operator to something idiosyncratic. Probably with side effects. Commented in Hebrew.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Nah.

Aramaic.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Comedy gold Lisa, bravo!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Hey, Lisa. How do you feel about Gate G-1?

<grin> I prefer Battle Galactica, personally.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, I hope you don't mind if I [Kiss]

Kudos.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.