FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yiddish with George and Laura

Author Topic: Yiddish with George and Laura
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.vidlit.com/gandl/

For you liberals out there...

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Errr...base name calling doesn't get any better or funnier even when you do it in Yiddish. That wasn't for liberals. It was for a subset of childish people.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That was kind of funny. Especially the rabbi and the music they played when he appeared to explain the Yiddish words.
Yiddish words make me giggle for some reason.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
"Errr...base name calling doesn't get any better or funnier even when you do it in Yiddish. "

Well, aside from the fact that it DOES, and there are a whole hell of a lot of people who would agree with me on that, simply because of the connotations that go along with these yiddish words, along with their phonic ques to an english speaking language center...

Base name calling does get a lot better when you put it in a creative format.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.