FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Its Friday the 13th and nobody seems to care

Author Topic: Its Friday the 13th and nobody seems to care
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
No mention of it on Hatrack.

My job is to call on people in schools and government and sell them things. I call many every day, and usually leave them with a wish for something topical--Stay Cool during a heat wave, stay dry during a Hurricane alert, have a good weekend on a Friday, my condolences on a monday.

Today I've told them all, "Good luck surviving this Friday the 13th."

Each response I've recieved was a startled and surprised laugh. People forget so easily.

Well, to you all, here is wishing you a safe and enjoyable--FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
All I care about is that its Friday. 2 more hours until I go home!
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
My nephew cares. He's 8 today!
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why the circuit boards I've been working on have been giving me crazy errors--there's devilry in the air!
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Paraskavedekatriaphobia is so last century. [Smile]
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Gesundheit.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Jimmy cracked corn.

No one seems to care about that either.

quote:
I call many every day, and usually leave them with a wish for something topical--Stay Cool during a heat wave, stay dry during a Hurricane alert, have a good weekend on a Friday, my condolences on a monday.
Yeah, I know folk like you. I always smile and say "You too!", but inside I'm screaming "SHUT UP!"

I nurture my inner curmudgeon.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I bludgeon my inner nurture. Oh, wait, that didn't sound right.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I care because Lemony Snicket's The End came out today!!!

I'm so ready!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering why he was at B&N in Union Square today.

Had I known, I would've gotten autographs for everyone.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Today was probably my best Friday the 13th ever since we had a half day of school and it was my friend's birthday so me and alot of my friends went everywhere today and nothing went wrong. But I'm going to a car show later and things can still go wrong. [Angst]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Today was so awesome. It must have been my luckiest day ever. I love Friday the 13ths
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
if I drive to campus, I can see the drunk people run around the campus with nothing but shaving cream. Supposedly, a big turnout on friday the 13th.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Cayla commented today that yesterday was the best day. If you add the digits to 10-13-2006, they add up to 13. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.