FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Facing the Giants (possible spoilers)

Author Topic: Facing the Giants (possible spoilers)
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
No real spoilers... yet.

Formulaic? Yes.
Bad acting? Yes.
Preachy? Yes.

And yet... once they got his wife to shut up, it got better. Still, I'm disappointed. The acting was bad enough where I almost got up and left at the start - and I was with my church.

Gah. Why do these touted "Christian Movies" have to be so bad?

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
When you make a movie without professional actors,I think you can expect that it will probably have some bad acting. Come to think of it, making a movie WITH professional actors doesn't guarantee the movie won't have bad actors either.

Haven't seen it yet, but I might.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
What is "Facing the Giants?" I've never heard of it. Is it a movie, or a TV show?

If you want to see a truly horrid Christian movie, I recommend Time Chasers. Holy cow. Or...wait, is it Time Splitters? I can't remember. I think my brain is trying to wipe it out my memory altogether.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why do these touted "Christian Movies" have to be so bad?
Do you want a sincere answer to this?

I think it's for two or three reasons. OSC's actually addressed this issue in one of his columns regarding the sad state of Mormon artistic endeavor, and I agree with the broad strokes of his argument.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.