FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arthur and the Minimoys...

Author Topic: Arthur and the Minimoys...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Or Arthur and the Invisibles, as it'll be called when it's released in the U.S. next year.

Arthur and the Minimoys- International Site

Hey! Freddie Highmore.

I never read the book this was based on, but the trailer looks fun. Sort of like one of those weird 80s fantasy movies done up with modern FX. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are they going to change the name for the US release? I like it as it is now.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...the sound on the trailer sounds like it hasn't been polished yet. The voices and the music don't blend well at all.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Not sure why the title will be changed. Perhaps it's a Sorcerer's Stone/Philosopher's Stone situation, and they think Americans won't get it?

[ August 28, 2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I had to turn the sound all the way up to hear the voices, and that made the music way too loud.

I also don't get why they would change the name. Especially since they said, "Welcome to the land of the Minimoys" in the trailer. Unless they're going to change that, too? "Minimoys" is so much cooler than "Invisibles!"

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

No argument from me. "Minimoy" sounds like the name of a magical, little being.

"Invisible" makes it sound like they disappear.

Hmmm. The film will be released in select European countries on December 13th, 2006. It won't reach the States until June 12th, 2007.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else get the idea that there is a lot more Awesome to this movie than the trailer is letting on?
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Maybe. Though watching the trailer for the re-dubbed, re-edited, partially re-written American release of the film left me with doubts.

The original trailer's focus:

Mystery, magic, adventure, excitement!

The American trailer's focus:

Celebrity voices! We have celebrity voices! Eee, wacky little people who are voiced by celebrities!

[Roll Eyes]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.