FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Let's hear it for my favorite maul

Author Topic: Let's hear it for my favorite maul
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I mean maul not mall.

Yesterday some bad driver knocked my mailbox down.

No, I didn't take a maul to the driver.

This used to be a common occurance, but a new position for the mailbox, that the postman suggested, and its been a good year or two since it was knocked down.

The only damage done was to a solid steal bracket that connects my mailbox to the post. It was bent out of shape and all my miniscule muscle power was unable to bend it back.

The store did not carry a replacement bracket. This meant I was looking at paying for an entirely new mailbox.

Then I returned home with a thought. I had been using my maul to split some wood. What would happen if I used the flat hammer part to, em, convince the steal to take its previous shape.

Some clamps and two taps later, and my mail box was ready to be remounted.

Thank you Maul. Thank you very much.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite maul.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Steal? Did you steal something from the maul? [Wink]

Seriously, way to be creative in tool use. I took my bent lawn mower blade, put it in the vice, and beat it with a sledgehammer until it was roughly the correct shape again. Before I did that, it was leaving crop circles on my lawn. [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
JT, that's exactly what I thought when I read this title.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.