FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NOOOOOO! The Prometheus got destroyed! *sob* *cries* =(

Author Topic: NOOOOOO! The Prometheus got destroyed! *sob* *cries* =(
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
In Eve-Online I finally purcahsed for 6,000,000 ISK a Thorax class cruiser *the* best Cruiser for the Gellente Federation and I whimsically named it the Prometheus, but my feind Bloodstrike says "you DO know what happened to that ship right?" And I just kinda nodded.

But then after I got it I was transfering stuff with it and in a .4 system a Battleship locked on fired on me *claims I shot him first I onyl shot him when he warp scambled me* I fired back and then was quickly destroyed.

I didnt even have a chance ot insure it *sniff* I didnt even get a good shakedown cruise.

My Corp was kind enough to spot me another 6 mil isk and I got a new one. I named it the Odyssey.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
And sorry for your loss [Frown]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Phanto I play an scifi MMORPG where players can buy ships and with over a million combinations equip it with stuff.

I just got ym Cruiser when it got destroyed in action by a pirate.,

Everyone join the fight against Piracy!

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I thought this was a Stargate thread.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

It kinda is I named the ships after th Earth Battlecruisers ^-^
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Speaking of which how realistic are the SG-1 railguns?
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Very...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I was gonna rail against Blayne for not putting the spoilers in the thread itself and not providing spoiler warnings... Sheesh. [Wink]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

My Corp was kind enough to spot me another 6 mil isk and I got a new one. I named it the Odyssey.

Why not the Korolev? [Laugh]
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Or the Orion?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

*flips the bird* Maybe my next ship but I learned my esson, Bloodstrike took mean pleasure in saying "I told it was a bad idea to name it the Prometheus".

[Wall Bash] and damnit he was right too.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, you guys beat me to all the good Stargate joke references.

****SG1 SPOILER****

All told though, either Odyssey or Daedelus would've been the best choices, at least they're still around.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Or the Orion?

Or the unnamed wraith hive ship.

Hmm.... I'm beginning to sense a pattern here.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I alrdy named my Destroyer the Daedalus, STILL alive and well. Although constantly bruised.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn! And it was one of the most common images in Western Culture!
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
In the British Navy there is a terrible stigma attached to giving ships names related to reptiles, specifically snakes.

I had abook that listed all the ships that with snake names that have sunk and its pretty long.

Sorry about your ship

If I had a huge battle cruiser I would not name it the Titan, or the Titanic, but I would try out "The Titanicest" [Smile]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
I just started playing on the 7-day free trial, and am planning to buy my first ship tonight (a cheap frigate, nothing special, planning on switching to an industrial ship later). There's more to life than combat, you know [Smile]
Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
I was so convinced that this was a Stargete thread when I read the title, and I was thinking, "It's been destroyed what three times now?"
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

only once you cant rebuilt a ship from debris 1 Prometheus class and 1 Daedalus class have for certainly been destroyed.
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
yes, but there was the whole destroyed, un destroyed, possibly destroyed, partially destroyed, crashed, etc. Tis' a very durable ship.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.