FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Telperion The Silver

Author Topic: Telperion The Silver
Mafia2020
Member # 9583

- posted      Profile for Mafia2020   Email Mafia2020         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,

Sorry for the weird post, but I lost contact with a dear friend of mine that used to be a frequent flyer of this forum. Last time I heard from him was more than a month ago, he said he was gonna move to a new place and get back in 2 weeks but he has disappeared since then, does anybody know him, or know if he's okay, or when he will be back?

Thanks for your time.

Mafia.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I haven't actually seen him around here in a while, either.

A search shows this as his most recent post here, June 30th. Hope that helps.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope he is OK....

....and welcome. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Since his move, I've only gotten very short, if any, responses to my emails from him.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember being scared to pieces that Telp wouldn't be able to get out of New Orleans. So glad he made it.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, I don't think Telp was in NO. He lives in Detroit. Maybe I'm confused.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
He lives in Metro Detroit. I can't remember where specifically, but its nearby.

Maybe he's having some family issues or complications from the move?

Hope everything is alright with him.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

Huh. I vividly remember sending him my credit card number because I was worried he didn't have enough cash to get gas on the trip out of NO.

(Am I delirious? Maybe. [Smile] )

----

Edited to add: Ah, wait -- didn't he move to stay in with his Mother before she died? Where did she live (and where did he live before that)? I'm really curious to piece this together now.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You're thinking of Thor, Sara. That's kind of funny that you sent him your credit card info. I tried to wire him money.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

Ah, that's it!

Yeah, I don't think the Western Union places were open. It was madness. And Thor was trying so hard to make it through. [Frown]

Hey, Noemon, I dreamed about you last night. I went and was your roommate for a month, and we scientifically catalogued every insect and flower (on a mapped grid, with footnotes) in the side yard. And then {we used as many in aged to use them all}* in recipes. It was a hoot. [Smile]

----

Edited to add translation for the non-bleary-eyed: "we managed to use them all"

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's strange. I replied to this last night, but my reply doesn't seem to be here now. Huh. There was nothing offensive in it, so I doubt that either PJ or the Cards would have deleted it.

In any case, it went something like this:

Right. He wasted some time checking into whether or not they were, if I recall. It didn't even occur to me to give him my credit card info.

What a fun dream! And there's nothing finer than insect and flower pie.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
That's strange. I replied to this last night, but my reply doesn't seem to be here now.

I've had that happen a few times this week. (I've just been assuming that I only thought I posted.)

Hatrack is eating our posts!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really cool of you two to try so hard to help Thor.

::Hatrack Pride::

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure Thor was in Houston, not New Orleans.

If he is/was in New Orleans, we should've hung out by now. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Thor was trying to get out of Houston in advance of hurricane Ruth.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Hurricane Rita
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Rita, wasn't it.

Yeah, what Theca said.

How much of a Hatcrack geek does it make me that I knew who Sara was talking about before she did? [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right! It was Rita. [Smile] Thanks!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If he is/was in New Orleans, we should've hung out by now.
I'm not so sure about that.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mafia!
I'm back online!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
You all are so cute.
[Wink]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
quote:
If he is/was in New Orleans, we should've hung out by now.
I'm not so sure about that.
I didn't make you lame! [Razz] And you aren't living in New Orleans, anyway. Yet.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If the Mafia ever comes to Hatrack looking for me, will you people kindly keep quiet?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Frisco, where have you been? *hugs* I miss you! How's the babykins?

Telp!! It's great to see you too. [Smile] This is a wonderful thread.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Telp! WB! :-)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol@frisco

[ROFL]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.