FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » interesating debate.

Author Topic: interesating debate.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3205110231844982183&q=china

what do you all think?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think 18 minutes of video is too much investment for me to make when you haven't bothered to even summarize the key points or tell me what YOU think.

Sorry.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, c'mon Blayne, give us a hint.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
We should go drill off the coast of China

Not that I want China to get the sales for it, but at least they’re going to get more supply out on the market and maybe help lower the prices.

[ July 15, 2006, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no. High oil prices are good, they're paying for my pension fund.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
oh woops okay key issues:

Various laws in the US are according to the Idaho Senator are self defeating and limiting American competitiveness. He says that America is now moving into the direction of reucing energy dependance from the middle east and says the best place to do so would be to start drilling in our own backyards but is annoyed at how various countries are mining oil in Cuban waters when it could be American companies doing it better.

I found it interesting and I do agree that a majority of USA's laws are self defeating and to be more competitive they probly should revise them, i think the main sticker point is that while Canadian, Chinese and etc countries can drll anywhere American companies are restricted by law to only drill within a certain distance.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
oh woops okay key issues:

Various laws in the US are according to the Idaho Senator are self defeating and limiting American competitiveness. He says that America is now moving into the direction of reucing energy dependance from the middle east and says the best place to do so would be to start drilling in our own backyards but is annoyed at how various countries are mining oil in Cuban waters when it could be American companies doing it better.

I found it interesting and I do agree that a majority of USA's laws are self defeating and to be more competitive they probly should revise them, i think the main sticker point is that while Canadian, Chinese and etc countries can drll anywhere American companies are restricted by law to only drill within a certain distance.

Dude, I live in Idaho. This state has the 48th lowest income level per capita in the United States. And Idaho senator saying anything about competitiveness in the World market is going to fall upon my ears only when they are chock full of cotton.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Right. Because this specific senator is surely to blame for the circumstances which led to this low income level, and therefore cannot be trusted.

I agree.

The correlation is obvious, immediate, and undeniable. That is some awesome logic.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
"The majority of USA's laws are self-defeating."

Wow, we must be complete boneheads. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The majority of USA's laws are self-defeating.
- "You killed my subsection about regulating the amount of fine particulate in residential areas."
- "No. I am your subsection about regulating the amount of fine particulate in residential areas."
- "Ahhhhhh!"

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
quote:
The majority of USA's laws are self-defeating.
- "You killed my subsection about regulating the amount of fine particulate in residential areas."
- "No. I am your subsection about regulating the amount of fine particulate in residential areas."
- "Ahhhhhh!"

I am Jack's smog-producing factory?
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.