FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wow. I can't imagine this.

Author Topic: Wow. I can't imagine this.
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if this has already been posted.

The essence of the story is this:

Two girls are together in a car, and get in a terrible accident. One is pronounced dead, the other is left in a coma. The dead one is buried by her family, the one in the coma goes to the hospital and her family keeps constant vigil.

After five weeks, doctors are able to start communicating with the girl in the coma. And they realize they've got the wrong girl.

The girl is really the girl everybody thought was dead. And the girl that was buried was really the one her family thought was in a coma, and had hope would still live.

Wow.

Just . . . wow.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I read about that in the news a little while back... Sounds more like an urban legend that fact!

Imagine how hard it would be to be so ecstatic that your friend/family member was really alive when another community had cause to grieve?

Did you also hear that the family of the girl who survived kept up the on-line updates re: her recovery?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember hearing about this, and every story I've heard or read, including this one, just seems incomplete to me. I mean, the family was there and didn't know either. Was this girl bandaged like a mummy?

Also, I found it kinda funny how after she identified herself, they used a DNA test to see if she was right!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes she was, and she was so highly drugged she was out of it. She also couldn't talk, or move, and was completely out (a coma) for a bit of it.

Also, even before the accident the two girls looked enough alike to pass for sister. It was weird. Same eye color, same hair color, same completion.....and she was really, really messed up.

She tried to indicate she wasn't who they were calling her, but she was unable to communicate and the family and docs thought it was because of the possible brain injuries.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kwea . . . I'm going to sneak into MGM tomorrow morning to play Millionaire. Are you working?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, at 11. I would have loved to go, but I can't take any time off of work.

Thanks for asking though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.