FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to buy a digital camcorder...

Author Topic: I want to buy a digital camcorder...
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wanting to get a digital camcorder for quite some time now and now that I'm getting a job (under my parents frustration for paying for everything since basically I was a fetus) and I already have some money saved up from a few writing contests, I'd like to buy one pretty soon.

My price range would probably be btween 200-300, might go up to $350 but I doubt it. Does anyone recommend any products in particular or a good website where I can compare prices, features, reviews?

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
There are a couple camcorder threads on Hatrack I think already. Do a quick search, it might answer your questions while you wait for people to post.

Amazon is a good site if you want to check prices and features across many different brands, but they still aren't a camera site per se. I'd recommend PMing human 2.0, he actually taught a camcorder class, and knows a lot about them, what is good and what isn't, what you'll need and the like. But your options will be fairly limited at that price range.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd check froogle (on google), buy.com, and amazon.com for prices and comparisons. You'd probably also do well to go to the library and find the most recent Consumer Reports issue dealing with camcorders.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.