FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The unrevealed villain of Spidey-3 revealed? *possible spoiler*

Author Topic: The unrevealed villain of Spidey-3 revealed? *possible spoiler*
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The "flimick" blog has posted plot spoilers from what it claims is a current draft of the Spider-Man 3 script.

Among other things, it names Bruce Campbell's character as Quentin Beck...better known in the original comics as Mysterio, the fishbowl-headed master of illusion.

Hmm.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the same thing...doesn't necessarily mean Mysterio will be in the film. Remember, in Spider-Man 2 we saw both the Lizard (Dr. Connors) and Man-Wolf (Jameson Jr.).

But it will be awesome if Campbell gets a big role...perhaps for SM4?

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
*possible spoilers*

The script (if genuine) contains hints that the major villain of Spidey 4 would be the Lizard. Supposedly the research of the Venom symbiote will lead Dr. Connors down that path.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished watching Spider-man 2 about... three minutes ago.

I have to say, it would be fitting for him to be Mysterio, he already seems like him just from Spidey-2. What with the line, "No one is allowed in the theater after the doors are closed, it helps maintain the illusion." With a heck of a lot of emphasis on illusion.

Personally, I wanted Mysterio as one of the villians. I've always like him. [Smile]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!!! Mysterio!!!

Oh how I've longed for this!

I love that guy. He's as ridiculous as he is crafty and evil!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in favor of Stilt-Man if it gets Bruce Campbell a bigger role:D
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

And the movie version of Mysterio just happens to have a chainsaw attached to one hand...COINCIDENCE!?!?!
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
This is my boomstick like illusion!
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I have to say this though...with a character like Mysterio, who looks as though he has a fishbowl on his head, could go either way in the design stages. He could look really good or incredibly corny...just remember the Green Goblin's helmet.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
I'm in favor of Stilt-Man if it gets Bruce Campbell a bigger role:D

I knew you were smart, but I didn't realize how smart you were. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.