FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Another thing to blame on President Bush

Author Topic: Another thing to blame on President Bush
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
He's visiting St. Louis to help a #@$#@$@#!! senator earn money for his reelection attempt. (honestly, I have yet to agree with anything this senator has said publicly. I wrote him telling him why he was wrong on one issue. He wrote back thanking me for my support.)

That is not the problem.

No.

Its more personal than that.

They've closed roads for the Presidential motorcade.

Now my commute home goes into overtime.

Thank you very much Mr. President.

Can we impeach him for this?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
ITMFA (<-- language not suitable for children)

No, but you can wear a pin about it.

[ June 28, 2006, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton came to the bay area every other week for his whole presidency and messed up my commute. I know how you feel.

Bush has only done it once.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you driving up by highway Farty?

I grew up in St. Louis...way down south of highway farty far. Traffic has always been bad there...he made it worse?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in NYC and worked for the Traffic and Transporation Department.

you all are pikers.

We could get the President from JFK to midtown without him seeing another car outside of his motorcade. (okay, slight exageration, but still...it was pretty well controlled)

We've done it for every President in history (including GW who was inaugurated there).

We perfected the art of the rolling blockade.

Rush hour was a bit perturbed, but no more than it was by just about any random event.

Hey, remember when they shut down LAX so Bill Clinton could get a haircut on board Air Force One?

[Eek!]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I've long had the solution for this problem. Once sworn in, the President should have to remain in the White House for the duration of his term of office.

And I can assure you, I'm only half joking about this. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail sent around our office yesterday:

My Vow to you:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

When I am elected President of the United States of America, and come to visit your wonderful cities and towns, I promise that I will neither arrive nor leave in the middle of your cities rush hour traffic.

The time when a President could shut down your roads and triple the time it takes you to get home will be a thing of the past.

You will no longer waste gas sitting in miles of traffic, be home late to pick up your children, or have dinner past 8pm all to convenience my travel schedule.

As your President, your schedule will be my schedule, and I will not allow visits to impede your schedule. This I swear to you the American people.

NAME WITHHELD UNTIL NOMINATED

*Paid for by the “Committee for Large City Fast Flowing Nobody Care That The President is in Town, Just stop clogging the highways” Fund

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.