FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yet another attempt to make a D&D movie...

Author Topic: Yet another attempt to make a D&D movie...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...the "Lucy Lawless Fan Club" website let slip that Ms. Lawless did voicework for a fully-animated Dragonlance animated feature film currently in development.

Dragonlance...Dragonlance...that was the one where steel was more valuable than gold and all the halflings were on crack, right?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Fun series. Could only be done well in a movie if animated, methinks. Glad to hear that that's how they're doing it.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Jackson could do it.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the kender are more speed freaks, actually. They're not paranoid enough to be crack addicts.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
The question on everyone's mind, however...
Do you actually visit the Lucy Lawless Fan Club page on a regular basis? [Razz]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, Dragon Lance. What a wonderful small series. At the end of the 6th book they promised that this was the last.

8,572.8 books later they are still spewing forth.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

No, I saw the link to her club's Dragonlance news blurb over on the "Knights of the Dinner Table" RPG comic/magazine message boards. [Wink]

More of the series is coming back to me. I think the two Weis/Hickman trilogies were in my middle school library.

I recall liking the Elmore art quite a bit, and that there were these constantly bickering fraternal twins...not much else.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Did it say who Lucy Lawless was in the movie?

I don't think one should look down on a Dragonlance movie as one would, say, that recent movie called "Dungeons and Dragons." Of course Dragonlance takes a lot of its setting from Tolkien; but the early novels (I stopped reading the series after Tales 1) are decently written, and the authors have since written many non-D&D novels. In fact, when I was reading the Dragonlance series (at a very young age), I kept thinking, "Aw, when is this going to start feeling like a D&D game?"

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

It said said she's cast as "Goldmoon"...I vaguely recall she was sort of a barbarian priestess?
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
[quote[Did it say who Lucy Lawless was in the movie?[/quote]

Bupu, of course.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's who Goldmoon was. I don't remember much about her beyond that. I figured Lucy would be her, but I wonder if she'd be better as Kitiara, who's an actual warrior and fairly menacing (which is how I've always pictured Xena, without ever watching the show). I remember Goldmoon as more of a typical damsel in distress, though I may be remembering wrongly.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
She was the woman who the first trilogy was based on, really. She found the blue healing staff, and the group of adventurers, including Rastlin and Carmon Majore (the twins) helped her use that staff to "bring back the gods" to Krynn.

Not that I read them or anything. [Wink]

I was thinking LL as Kitiara rather than Goldmoon, but whatever....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm sure I'll be seeing this . . .
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I thinks she is playing Flint Ironforge.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Lucy Lawless would be very appropriate to be the voice of Goldmoon. If I recall correctly, Goldmoon sang a lot. Lucy has a nice voice. I always imagined Kit with a scratchy voice.

I am wondering who is going to be the voices of Raistlin, Tasslehoff, and Sturm.

This means I am going to have to find my beatup copy of the chronicles.

Edit to add: Okay, I found some info on who might be voicing Tasslehoff, but I am not finding confirmation with imdb.com. It also mentions who is set to play Tanis. Dragonlance Movie

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Well, IMDB is a site that doesn't have info on a film until someone submits it...and the official announcement on this was premature. [Smile]
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Hmmm. For the forums on the movie fan site are interesting: "Dude, Dumbledore would TOTALLY get beaten up by the Dragonlance wizards!" [Eek!]
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal Rosenbaum as Tanis? Smallville's young Lex Luthor as Tanis. Hmm. Hopefully he won't be *too* distinctive a voice that will pull me out of the suspension of disbelief.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

He's done lots of voiceover work for animation, judging by his IMDB entry.
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
This is sweet. Dragonlance was always my favorite fantasy series.

I hope they do the whole trilogy instead of just Autumn Twilight. The War of the Lance had barely started at the end of the first book.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

That will all depend on the box office returns.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.