FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Maybe I won't have to turn in my papers tomorrow...

Author Topic: Maybe I won't have to turn in my papers tomorrow...
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
There was some really loud cracking noise outside a few hours ago, and the power went out in the whole building. Except my unit, which has power in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen lights, as well as the office area outlet...but no outdoor light, side light, air conditioning, or refrigerator. Apparently, the power's out on part of St. Charles, as well. Specifically, the part of St. Charles where the school is. The school has generators, but...come on, they can't expect us to turn in papers and take exams when our power went out...*shifty eyes*

I suppose I'll just have to eat all the Fudgecicles and ice cream sandwiches I bought the other day. *sigh* It's so tough being me.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, the power is out here too, I can't even use the computer right now.... wait..... *shifty eyes* my roomate lied to me....
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to turn in a draft of my masters thesis when the power was out for days because of the hurricanes. I just went to campus to work since they had generators there...I also had a presentation due in another class. It was a hassle though.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
My our town loses power once a month. The campus loses power every other week. It was a nightmare when I lived in the dorms because I'd be up the night before, trying to finish up a paper last minute...and everything would die.

Papers were still expected to be turned in because we "should have been working on them since the day they were assigned." Daylight classes were never cancelled as long as the windows let in enough light and fresh air.

Now I live off-campus and just refuse to turn my papers in on time. On sheer principle and what not. I turned in a paper last week that was 2-months late. And it was only a 3-pager.

College is fun!

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I ended up getting everything turned in on time. [Smile]

The power went ENTIRELY out in the middle of the night, though. There were a lot of Entergy trucks and lights outside the complex. Everything is back now, but I still need to clean out my freezer and get new food.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.