FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » technical support needed (mayfly)

Author Topic: technical support needed (mayfly)
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
hi everyone. i just got a new computer today, and my wireless adapter isnt recognized for some reason, and so i cant use the internet on my new computer. i looked for drivers on the router's website, and it sasy my adapter doesnt support XP, yet it worked fine with XP on my old computer....

I know win2000 and XP are similar, so i tried the driver for win2000 and it didnt work, cuz the adapter still isnt recognized.

i have a D-Link DWL-120 adapter.

if anyone can help me get onto the internet, it would be VERY MUCH appreciated. TIA.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Have to be careful checking the D-link site for updates...is it a straight DWL-120? 120+? 120a?

for example

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

thats the thing. i think it is a straight 120. there is no plus or letter after the 120 by the model number.

i just assumed that means its a 120.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

ah! ok, its a 120d. thx for that link Tick. darn. if only i had my memory stick so i could put the new driver on my computer. blast!
krynn
Member # 524

OK, so i found the right driver, but windows wont install it because it there is an error during installation. a "section of this INF is invalid."

ARGH!!!

any suggestions?

BTW: D-Link says that its not a problem with the driver, so they cant help me, and Dell support says they cant help and to call the manufacturer of the adapter (d-link). cacth 21 anyone?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.