FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Medicos - Pupil Dialation

Author Topic: Medicos - Pupil Dialation
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my eyes exammed yesterday (turns out I'm farsighted. That would explain the headaches). The lady dialated my pupils and said that they should be normal in 2 or 3 hours. It's been 24 and my pupils are still quite dialated. Not fully, but enough to cause some pain in sunny Florida. I know, I should wear sunglasses, but is this normal, for my pupils to still be dialated after this long? I have zero experience in the matter so any clarification would be appreciated.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems a bit odd, but not dangerously so. What color are your eyes, btw? Are you light blue eyed or a dark brown or what?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes light blue, sometimes dark blue, sometimes gray, sometimes 'hazel' whatever that means, sometimes green ... You get the idea. Never dark brown though. They just kind of fluctuate around the blue-green area I guess.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Next time, tell the eye doctor that you are very sensitive to the mydriatic (dilating) agent, and that you will need, like, half a drop to get the effect. And you can ask if they can instill a miotic agent to constrict your eye back again after the exam.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends eyes stayed dialated for well over 24 hours. [Cool]
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one of my appointments before I had my lasik done called for some serious dilation (more than you'd get during a routine eye exam) to take measurements. My eyes stayed seriously diluted for 10-12 hours and it took a little over a day for them to be back to normal.

Sounds like your eyes are similar to mine in color - mine are a very pale, color changing blue-green.

[ February 10, 2006, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I was told pale eyes hold onto the drop more fully and longer than very dark eyes.

Also, I always ask for the reversal drop, and they always talk me out of it when I go to the doctor. Something about how bad it hurts to have it reversed quickly.

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Thanks everyone! I've noticed that they are going down, al beit slowly, so hopefully they'll continue to go down. Until then, out comes the broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.