FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Funny Bans

Author Topic: Funny Bans
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/showthread.php?p=23321#post23321

He's reasons are funny.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
His?
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I don't get what that is.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
?

I'm sure those are har har hilarious to members of that forum, but they didn't seem like anything special to me. The ban sheet on the PA and SomethingAwful forums are much funnier- even to the uninitiated.

Also, whomever that is, he has absolutely terrible spelling. I mean, who with a fifth grade education spells "didn't" as "dident?"

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
He's Finnish and lives in Finland, thats one of his better days.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

So I should expect better spelling if he was Finnish and lived in Norway?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
H I S
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

I just went to SomethingAwful. Are they serious about paying to join the forums?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yes, they are. It's to keep all the riff-raff out. Of course, SA is populated by riff-raff. I think it's primarily to keeps spammers and one-time posters out.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

But $9.95 [Roll Eyes]
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

<shrugs> I've never bought a membership either. I only read the forums when the open them up to the public. From what I know of the guys who frequent the forums there, and the general forum decorum [Wink] , I have little interest. I'm not really the target audience, though. To those people, $9.95 is a small price to pay for their, uh, "happiness."
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they have spellcheck in Finland?

**Smells an opportunity**

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Why would Finns need spellcheck when they've got the Sampo?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

- posted      Profile for Eldrad           Edit/Delete Post 
If you guys don't have access to the forums on SA, how can you rightly criticize it? Certainly you're going to run into people who stink up the place, but that's going to happen no matter where you go; one of the reasons it's not really prevalent on Hatrack is because this forum is minuscule by comparison. I'm registered as user number 8578 on these forums, for example, and I joined relatively recently in September 2005; SA has 72670 registered users, and at the moment has about 4700 logged in. I find the forums there quite engrossing, much moreso than Hatrack (even as much as I like it here), as the much larger number of users allows you to read about all sorts of things, particularly (for me, at least, though many threads are hysterical) obscure news that slips by most people.
A forum as large as SA necessarily has a much larger operating cost to go along with it; hence the $10 fee. Hatrack kind of spoils us in the sense that it doesn't cost us anything; its smaller size, though, helps to allow it to stay this way. The cost of the account was very quickly validated for me in less than a week, if only from the news that I read; unfortunately, you can't really see that getting an account is worth it until you've tried it. Either way, you shouldn't knock it until you really try it, especially if you have a friend who could let you use an account for a day or two to try out the forums in their entirety.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.