FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My place has become a half-way house for cats

Author Topic: My place has become a half-way house for cats
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
We began with Harry Potter and Crookshanks. They were loved but had no kind of life living in a garage with their mama. When they came to us they were terrified of everything.

Last month Tiger showed up - a big orange tom with a missing ear. He and Crookshanks don't really like each other, but we put out extra food where Tiger can get to it easily. He let me pet him today for the first time.

Tonight we became the family of a spunky kitten; she's about 6 months old with a tail only an inch long. Her tail is only an inch long because someone cut it off after trying to set her on fire.

We've named her Happy, 'cause she deserves to be. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I love when people give kitties a good home. Especially when they take in orange toms named Tiger, because my cat when I was young was an orange tom named Tiger. We seriously believed he had a bit of the sabre-tooth in him. [Smile]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound like my mom's friend Carol. [Wink]

And my mom, for that matter. *giggles*

We can't resist a kitty around here.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.