FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ayano Tsuji, J-pop with talent.

Author Topic: Ayano Tsuji, J-pop with talent.
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I have to say not all J-pop is horrible, I just found some that I would like to share with people, because I think the quality is very good.

I listened to NPR's weekend edition and heard some of her music, and was very pleased to what I heard.

After a bit of googling, I found these blogs that heard similar reports about Ayano Tsuji

Ayano Tsuji's music stays away from English and other popular elements in today's Japanese popular music. I really enjoy the quality of her voice, and overall tone of her music. Going to a more traditional Japanese style of music has cost her some in the 'marketing' area, and I simply wanted to get the word out to people that would be interested in her music.

From what I have heard, I plan on getting a couple of her albums.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
First off, I have to say not all J-pop is horrible
I am curious why you feel J-pop needs this disqualifier. [Confused]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
There is Shiina Ringo to consider.
not sure if she counts as J-pop. She's so out there. She's lke Tori Amos or Bjork or something i think.
Then there is Utada Hikaru and Maaya Sakamoto who works with Yoko Kanno who is just.. mmm

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
Because, I stated in the topic that this artist in J-pop has talent.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.