FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My job evaporated!

Author Topic: My job evaporated!
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
So, the guy who owns the business I work for has apparently decided that it's time to put his money elsewhere.

On the one hand, I was looking at replacing this job anyway - good pay, great atmosphere, awesome co-workers, but I'm just not motivated to do anything because business is slowing down so much. On the other hand, I was really hoping they would be proactive about making changes to the business to increase profitability for the investors, as opposed to cutting bait and running.

The more I think about it, though, it's going to suck having to try to replace this job - especially the money. It's hard to beat over $20 an hour with no degree and only 3 years of real work experience. Anyone in western Washington hiring? [Big Grin]

</ramble>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Update: Setting Christmas ornaments on fire and hitting them with golf clubs is very therapeutic, as my boss and I just discovered.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a great activity! Sorry you are out of work! What did you do?
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
You should post on the "Who needs a job" thread
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
So I assume you're steamed?
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
That sounds like a great activity! Sorry you are out of work! What did you do?
I worked for an eBay consignment company. Now I work on breaking things with a golf club!

quote:
So I assume you're steamed?
[ROFL]
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
In New Orleans, you can make $15+ an hour working for Burger King!

In conclusion, move to New Orleans. We can have toxic mold death plague together.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
sucks dude. when are they closing?
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
aww yabe! you will find another job, you're just the sh!t like that.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the thread title I was dearly hoping that you worked in a field involving puddles or other small bodies of water. Oh well...
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.