FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Everything is going to change isn't it?"

Author Topic: "Everything is going to change isn't it?"
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I know that there have already been probably several threads on the Goblet of Fire movie, but I have a specific question- on the script.

So, I was watching the movie for the second time with some friends of mine- and there's a line at the end of the movie. It's at the very end.

Hermione: "Everything is going to change now isn't it?"
Harry: "Yeah"

Now my friends thought this was some weak and just corny script writing. I however thought that there was a nugget of power in this line- one of the most powerful lines in the whole movie I thought. The simplicity and utter truth and the situation behind it- I felt gave it power. My friends all just laughed at me.

Are they right- is that just some bad writing that I happen to be fond of- or does anyone else think that is was at least fairly decent- or is anyone like me- thinking that's a pretty terrific line?

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was weak compared to the book.
How could they have cut SO MUCH IMPORTANT stuff out of the book and then replaced it with that too cute ending?
Arg.
So irratated by that.
But yes, it is an obvious sort of line because a lot changes in it, but dang... *Growling*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*SPOILERS*

I was SOOOOO ticked when they gave Voldemort a speech (and knowledge) that was Dumbledore's. A lot of the other stuff, I could have put up with, although some of the Tri-Wizard tournament was so incredibly lame compared to the book that I couldn't stand it, but that just burned me up.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish Dumbledore hadn't got so weak. Honestly, where's the powerful figure he should be? Dumbledore should be, I dunno, serene, strong, and almost of legendary stature.

*SPOILERS for OotP and HBP*

Can anyone here imagine that Dumbledore dueling Voldemort in the ministry? Can anyone imagine it being such a shock when that Dumbledore proves, after all, to be mortal?

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
He should also have a crazy sense of humour. He's the strongest wizard ever but he's compassionate, calm and FUNNY and weird all at once!
They just don't capture him right in these movies. I feel so disillusioned by them.
I hate movies compared to books.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
HERESY!!! The movies were great, think of it as a movie on its, don't bother comparing movies to books esp books that you could make 2 movies out of, there is no way within the 2 and a half hour movies they could've pleased everybody. I found it was a great movie, the end. End of story. Fin. Over. Kaput.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

They changed the characters too much.
They cut out key important scenes for fluff.
The cut out some of the most important scenes leading up to the next movie.
That was unforgivable! The rest of the movies I could tolerate, but cutting out the parting of ways scene and making everything bright and happy at the end when Harry was TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE... Unacceptable.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I can easily imagine the film's Dumbledore having the level of power he does in the books.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Dumbledore was being set up for the next film, in which he is {spoiler, oh well, too late} emotionaly distant (for a reason it turns out.)
Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
does anyone else think that is was at least fairly decent- or is anyone like me- thinking that's a pretty terrific line?
It doesn't do anything (for me), that's the beauty of it.
[ROFL]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.